Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Vito 108CDI
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been having an annoying squeak from my front n/s wheel that is very metallic sounding. When I apply the brakes gently the squeaking stops..

I am assuming it could be noisy wheel bearing or some contact between the pads and disc. Today I sprayed some grease around the centre wheel nut which sizzled as soon as it was applied.

I had been driving it about 30 minutes previously but I don't recall with my previous vehicles the centre wheel nut reaching boiling point before.

I tried to jack the van up with the factory jack that resides in the rear of the van but for the life of me I can't see how this thing works lol.

I will probably purchase a trolley jack for my next attempt. Any suggestions what could be wrong?

As always I really appreciate the help and advice you guys give!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wow seriously! You described exactly my problem!! I took it to my friend, who owns a workshop.

I have been told that the brake calibbers or discs (don't recall at the moment) is not a genuine MB part. A cheap replacement with another words. He told me he had to change the brakes, but he wanted to try to grease them first. It didn't work out. Mine got worse over the time, now it is at is worst point. I had a 570km trip, at the very middle people started to sound they horn due to the louuuud notice. I had the stereo volume at the max level. I could still hear it. But I have been told it can't hurt in anyway to drive like that. Except your ears.

What do people think here? I'm thinking to actually replace the brakes tomorrow or within this week.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Update. Took it to the shop again, another guy come by lifted my Vito, replaced the brake plumbs? I have really no idea what the name is. And the sound from front wheels are gone!!! He said they are so worn out that when I brake, the disc cannot push the brake fluid back and it constantly apply very small amount of brake. That makes that irritating noise and heat. I still have some of the sound left, tomorrow taking the rears as well, hope it to be solved. Will keep you updated, would be glad to also see some input from you guys...

·
Registered
2003 Vito 108CDI
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem fixed

Hi,

I found out what it was and have resolved my embarrassing squeaky wheel.

It was rust on the n/s rear disc...Removed the wheel and cleaned the disc edges up from rust build-up and now the mrs doesn't know when i'm driving down the street :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
We have to different problemstilling then. My discs are clean as it could get. I'm still stuck. MB did not have time for my car before several months. Going to call for MB in other cities tomorrow and try my luck there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts