Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im new here and new to owning a benz ive just bought a 110cdi vito van as a non runner and its got 204 000 miles on it so was just going to buy another engine which keads me to the question are all the vito cdi engines the same ? or is the 108 cdi a different size engine to the 110 cdi ? and 112? this probably sounds daft in people in the know anybody out there know what the difference is ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
What do the numbers mean! Well the first digit is the payload rounded up. The second and third digits are the engine output in hp so you have a 1 ton 110hp vito.

That applies to the vito range and the sprinter range also 313 sprinter is 3.5ton 130hp.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so are all the cdi vito engines the same capacity with maybe a different ecu or something for different power output?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just thought i would tell you guys what ive found out from my merc dealership all the vito cdi engines have the same injectors fuel pumps etc they do differ from earlier models to late models but they are all the same the only difference is the ecu is different with different out puts like they are mapped different

1 - 4 of 4 Posts