Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just picked up new vito today. Great van really pleased. We keep tools in the back some times. Is there anything to worry about? Had mercedes alarm fitted. Don't really want more locks on on the doors. Are Armaplates worth fitting? Please help as i have seen a few posts to worry about the security on the vito. Thanks

·
Registered
ML63 AMG & 2 350 SLK with AMG kit.
2,488 Posts
I would not fit plates on the doors, it's advertising something is in there.
You just have to watch where you park it.
If it looks like a tradesman van then you cannot be safe anywhere.
I take everything out my van now as it just not safe, they will steel it in front of you.
I used to keep everything in my old van years ago, I lost the lot in asda car park on a sunday afternoon, from then I run pimped duel liner's and in 10 years never had a problem with tools.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not to hijack your thread OP, but this goes for the 638 as well, right?

looks like i have to get some proper alarm fitted in mine then, I have a lot of things in there :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. It is a black sport auto very nice van. Had a traffic before never any problems alway thought that it was safe. Have seen people saying that you can pop the handles out on vitos.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
ML63 AMG & 2 350 SLK with AMG kit.
2,488 Posts
You can take the door handle off the van, but when it's locked you still cannot open the door through the hole, if they want in they smash the window

1 - 6 of 6 Posts