Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
112 CDi
85 Posts
looks good . The fact that the stickers say " custom" works for a Van or car, and the stickers are as good as the ones that advertise surf products for example. And its free advertising for your company . Wheels are good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Vito 280 ,ZX7r,gsxr 750, ,Z650 Cafe ,Benelli Tornado.Ford consul , Ford Pop , ,Chevy Astro,Dog,Wife
1,481 Posts
OK..i have to ask..why is your heading "Vito styling done right"......:confused:

·
Registered
Vito 115 4x4
115 Posts
As for "styling", myself have only done a couple of drawings that I picked from the web, one on transparent film on the side and on one-way film for the back window.:)

Apologies for quality of pics from cellphone, camera stolen.:crybaby2:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK..i have to ask..why is your heading "Vito styling done right"......:confused:
I think I've kept it subtle and used wheels and lowering springs that compliment the van (offset of wheels keeps them within the arches and they look like they belong to the van from stock)
Some people (or most) tent to overdo the mods and make it look cheap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As for "styling", myself have only done a couple of drawings that I picked from the web, one on transparent film on the side and on one-way film for the back window.:)

Apologies for quality of pics from cellphone, camera stolen.:crybaby2:
Are those stickers business related or just a graphical expression?

·
Registered
Vito 280 ,ZX7r,gsxr 750, ,Z650 Cafe ,Benelli Tornado.Ford consul , Ford Pop , ,Chevy Astro,Dog,Wife
1,481 Posts
I think I've kept it subtle and used wheels and lowering springs that compliment the van (offset of wheels keeps them within the arches and they look like they belong to the van from stock)
Some people (or most) tent to overdo the mods and make it look cheap.
Thats what i thought you meant all right....

A lot of people that have been here for a long time and spent a fair few bob on their vans might take offence..
I'm of the opinion that its all down to personal taste...it might not be what suits some but i would never diss someones (most peoples) van just because I dont like it or think it looks (in your words) "cheap".......

·
Registered
112 CDi
85 Posts
done right though , as said before is a personal opinion and personal taste.

And, also your van has business related stickers , and work roofrack , ladders etc, this adds or detracts from the 'look' that some might call styling.

PS....
Definition

STYLING noun

used in the name of products or devices which are used for shaping a person's hair

In other words , your hair is your hair , it isnt going to look right on my head now is it ? eh eh

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
STYLING noun used in the name of products or devices which are used for shaping a person's hair

In other words , your hair is your hair , it isnt going to look right on my head now is it ? eh eh
TBH...i dont have hair ,so i'll take anyone's cast off's these days....:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
done right though , as said before is a personal opinion and personal taste.

And, also your van has business related stickers , and work roofrack , ladders etc, this adds or detracts from the 'look' that some might call styling.

PS....
Definition

STYLING noun

used in the name of products or devices which are used for shaping a person's hair

I'm as bald as a chickens sack mate but love it (Just like my secondary head rug), hair is as scarce in my life as a social life is in yours :)

Like you approach mind you, first time I've ever been put right in my place and I'll gladly stick with it for now, for your benefit. KO!

PS, Cluck Cluck

·
Registered
Mercedes Vito Dualiner 2005
184 Posts
I agree on subtle styling... many buy cheap crap and stick stuff on their van... big no-no. looks good mate

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats what i thought you meant all right....

A lot of people that have been here for a long time and spent a fair few bob on their vans might take offence..
I'm of the opinion that its all down to personal taste...it might not be what suits some but i would never diss someones (most peoples) van just because I dont like it or think it looks (in your words) "cheap".......
Your right, it's all a matter of opinion. Now that you know so we can move on ;-)

ps/ thanks for your input, it's good to get educated feedback.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree on subtle styling... many buy cheap crap and stick stuff on their van... big no-no. looks good mate
Dude thank god!. Someone who gets it!
It's like you said, subtle and low key.
Feel like some people take offense to the fact I've got a wee bit of attention to detail without being a t**t about it.

All good

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks good . The fact that the stickers say " custom" works for a Van or car, and the stickers are as good as the ones that advertise surf products for example. And its free advertising for your company . Wheels are good. :thumbsup:
Cheers for your feedback man!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't know if what you've done to your van would be called 'styling', coz when you say that when talking about a vehicle, it's usually associated with body kits, tints, paint etc. which is not to my taste but each to their own.

Your van certainly has style though, best looking works van i think i've ever seen :bowdown: the wheels look perfect on it, looks like a lot of thought has gone into them and it's paid off :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know if what you've done to your van would be called 'styling', coz when you say that when talking about a vehicle, it's usually associated with body kits, tints, paint etc. which is not to my taste but each to their own.

Your van certainly has style though, best looking works van i think i've ever seen :bowdown: the wheels look perfect on it, looks like a lot of thought has gone into them and it's paid off :thumbsup:
Thank you for understanding that I am not trying to make my van look like the white van man equivalent of mtv cribs, just trying to make it look "sharp" without overdoing it. The wheels were the only option as they are MB wheels designed for the vito brabus sport. A wee touch of lowering springs and clean graphics in my opinion works perfect, subtle and not modified to the point it's not a work van....
Cheers for your feedback mate

1 - 20 of 43 Posts