Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys first post here, I'm a fulltime wheelchair user (paralised from waist down) and need to buy a van for my work, automatic vans are pretty rare especially vito size so it looks like the vito could be the answer to my problem, does any one know what height the drivers seat is from the ground, this will give me an idea if i can transfer into the vito from my wheelchair without to many probs, is the seat height the same on all models?
Is there anyone else in a similar situation as me driving a vito, how do you get on etc
cheers in advance for and help giving

·
Registered
56 Posts
The seat height from the road surface would be approx 90cm but I haven't measured it properly. I bought my rear seats from a coach works that converted Vito's for disable access. (They would take the first row of rear seats out to make room for the chair).They would install either a ramp or small hydraulic lift in the back to get your chair in and then you can just wheel forward and transfer straight into the drivers seat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats not really an option for me as the van is to be used for transporting my kit, I would be transfering from my wheelchair to the driverseat then putting my chair in the passanger seat or if some one is with me they can put it in the back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts