Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
mercedes vito 108cdi
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone help please. I had the injectors done on my vito 108 cdi and there has been water leaking from the rocker cover breather pipe. I have to fill the radiator every few days.... Any help would be great..as garage has no idea......

· Registered
2000 Vito 110CDI (never should have sold it), Current project 1999 V220 Ambient
379 Posts
I am sorry to say that there is no normal pathway from the cooling system to the rocker cover breather unless it is leaking through the head gasket.

Is it coming out looking like it does in the radiator? or is it oily and "milky"?

· Registered
mercedes vito 108cdi
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sorry to say that there is no normal pathway from the cooling system to the rocker cover breather unless it is leaking through the head gasket.

Is it coming out looking like it does in the radiator? or is it oily and "milky"?
Hi Jonny, water is same as radiator, not milky, there is a very small amount of oil in it. Radiator expansion tank has no pressure.
Thanks.

· Registered
mercedes vito 108cdi
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly a water gallery was punctured when they were cleaning the injector bolt holes.
Thanks, I take it there is now way of knowing the water gallery was punctured unless they strip the engine down? It does seem odd that as soon as they done the injectors I have had the water loss problem. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.