Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi alll i need some advice on my heater in a 2000 638 vito 108cdi 2.2 my temp gauge just about gets to 40 degrees is this normal temp for one of these or should it be higher as the heater only blows luke warm also need advice on changing thermostat if it needs it thanks in advance paul.

·
Registered
Vito 108 CDI
57 Posts
Have the same problem, Thermostat go up to about 60 max.

The heater blower only blow very hot air when turn to the left (full red) as soon as move to the right, about one inch, blow almost cold air.

So basically its very hot or cold.

108CDI

Cheers

·
Registered
2001 110 CDI (sold) 2006 111 CDI Comfort (current)
695 Posts
You might have an air lock, but that's pretty unlikely as the temp will go up and down all the time.

Thermostat change is pretty simples. Hex socket set, torx socket set and a long extension bar are the tools needed! You find info on here of how to do it. The other thing to check is the electrical connector as they can be loose or have seem better days. Most Merc electrical connectors are universal to all their cars, so a trip to the local scrappie can dig up what you need for pennies.

·
Registered
Vito 108 CDI
57 Posts
Hi, thanks for the reply,

I did see a post regarding the thermostat, but cant find it :(

I did look at the electrical behind the unit, and find a loose yellow/black wire, put it back, doesn't look like much have change, maybe a bit for power blower.

i will keep looking at the thermostat, but have no idea where to find it on the van :confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
01 vito 110cd 7seater
28 Posts
Hi can anybody help my 2001 110cdi temp is reading around the 50 degree mark and no pressure in system and not loosing coolant

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yup. Your right. £52.88 inc VAT and delivery from TW Mercedes is the cheapest I have found so far.

On a side note, I know everyone was saying that upon removing their pollen filter the air flowed much more. I am guessing that also means the hot air will flow a lot more?

Paul

·
Registered
Vito 108 CDI
57 Posts
HI,

I did remove the pollen filter before the summer, does make a lot of difference :)

Only have hot air when the heater on full red.

The temp gauge doesn't go above 50 when cold weather.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts