Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, is this a regular Vito dash?

It's from a 2005 Vito 119 in the Middle East, with 3.5L V6 engine, 8-seater, and I'm trying to figure out how to communicate with it :) I can't set the clock, or check the oil level, or coolant temperature, or re-set the maintenance.

In addition to the 4 pairs of steering controls, there are two knobs marked M and R on the left, and two other knobs marked + and - on the right.

Any help appreciated. The instructions I found on the forum for re-setting don't work, and the pics look different. I have no owner's manual and the Merc dealer, true to form, is rather unhelpful, other than offering to accept body organs in lieu of cash for service...

·
Registered
Vito 109 SWB 2.1 diesel (w639)
10 Posts
I have the same display in my 03 109 cdi vito
To set the clock keep repeatedly pushing the “m” button until clock time flashes press the + or – to change the hour then press “R” button to switch to mins then + or -
service light reset according to autodata.
1. ensure ign switched off
2. switch ign on and briefly press "M" button twice (2nd button up on bottom left side of clocks) this should now show your service clock.
3. within 10 sec's switch ign off
4. press and hold "M" button
5. switch ign on
6. continue to hold button
7. remaining distance will be displayed
8. after approximately 10 sec's a warning sound will be heard, and a new remaining distance will appear
9. release button
Service counter should now be reset.
I have a link on my home PC to an on line manual for the Vito when I get home will post it.
I have been told that the oil indicator should have - - - when full if it does not it needs topping up

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same display in my 03 109 cdi vito
To set the clock keep repeatedly pushing the “m” button until clock time flashes press the + or – to change the hour then press “R” button to switch to mins then + or -
service light reset according to autodata.
1. ensure ign switched off
2. switch ign on and briefly press "M" button twice (2nd button up on bottom left side of clocks) this should now show your service clock.
3. within 10 sec's switch ign off
4. press and hold "M" button
5. switch ign on
6. continue to hold button
7. remaining distance will be displayed
8. after approximately 10 sec's a warning sound will be heard, and a new remaining distance will appear
9. release button
Service counter should now be reset.
I have a link on my home PC to an on line manual for the Vito when I get home will post it.
I have been told that the oil indicator should have - - - when full if it does not it needs topping up

IS it possible I can get a link to the service manual you suggested?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts