Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ML63 AMG & 2 350 SLK with AMG kit.
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to comand on line today for the final coding, all done, even have fuel remaining enabled, very handy.
220 mile round trip and averaged 31.9 mpg.
I still have the locking problem so will need that fault coded.

·
Registered
2000 108CDI, 2007 120 CDI long, Suzuki K5 GSXR track bike, 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
1,423 Posts
Why do they fit the vans with stuff that most people don't know about e.g fuel remaining and then not just put it on there, i didn't even know that was an option you could have but then it does seem it's similar to not being able to have mph displayed on the little digital speedo if it is a uk model unless you get it altered by merc. How do you find out what you can have activated ?

Martin

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Martin
You can have all mine has for sure, it's done in engineering mode with star, they also have to install a temporary gate way to get into the comand for coding.
Have a look here http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/media_library/unitedkingdom/mpc_unitedkingdom/ng_vans/new_vans/pricelists/vito_pricelist.pdf

This will give you the data card options, like LB9 exit lights, all easy enough and cheap parts.
Take down the things you would like and go to MB and get the data card updated with the options, then a few days later get the coding done with star.
Fuel remaining is a job for Comand on line.

Ian

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Thanks Ian, i have the bulk of the options fitted but i like the idea of fitting the reversing camera to the command but also fuel remaining and getting the speedo set so it will display mph which i know is easy for them to do. Once i get back from doing the manx i should have a bit more time so can get a few things sorted

Martin

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuel remaining is good, it gives you miles at the top and gallons at the bottom.

Only the latest comand has video in, what do you have fitted?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Off the top of my head i couldn't tell you but i did speak to command online some time ago and they said it was no problem fitting the reversing camera to it and also having tv and video activated

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one, a bit of a hike up there for you, it was a 6 hour job for me, 2 hour's each way and 2 hours to do the work.
MB could not find the comand as it was retro fitted so Richard had to install a gateway to enable the camera.
If yours is all factory then MB can do it, data card it and it will work.
My camera is a Chinese ebay job, NTSC, you will need to phone comand on this, richard will know what you need, mine is great, could not want for more, clear colour, hd almost.
Go down the link and find rear camera and note the code, update data card, fit the camera, it will just come on.
TV might now be a problem with the digital thing we have now.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Yeah mine is all factory fitted, i'm used to driving a long way to get stuff, its the one downside to living down here but i wouldn't have it any other way.
Apparently you can get a digital tuner that will work with the command so that you can digital tv.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts