Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am new to this please help. my battery light came on i have fitted new alternator

and the light still comes on about a minuite after starting the van.my van is a 115cdi 2007 thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi have you checked battery health also your alternator should have a 3 pin connector on. (this is for the lin bus this is a network which includes glow plug relay and alternator) make sure this is plugged in and the two wires are ok, did you replace the alternator and did you replace it with a merc one or like for like, sorry for too much information just thinking out loud

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi have you checked battery health also your alternator should have a 3 pin connector on. (this is for the lin bus this is a network which includes glow plug relay and alternator) make sure this is plugged in and the two wires are ok, did you replace the alternator and did you replace it with a merc one or like for like, sorry for too much information just thinking out loud
thanks DaNdONtKnOw I checked battery health & connector replaced alternator with a bosch one cheers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
have you had any luck with it yet. have you checked the alternator is charging if so do you have access to a code reader also check the connection on the electrical housing box (big black box under the bonnet)where the control units hide there are two main battery leads that connect to the box check that these are tight not cracked or corroded

·
Registered
2000 108CDI, 2007 120 CDI long, Suzuki K5 GSXR track bike, 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
1,423 Posts
Hi ya, just a thought but its not the clutch on the altenator failing is it, i had this on a 638 and it had be wondering what was going on for a while

Cheers Martin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Battery Light

hi sorry for delay been away itwas a dodgy battery lead thanks
Hi, can you please explain which lead please? My Vito has same issue at the minute, I have tested alternator and battery all good there and it has never failed to start! (Touch wood!). Light has been on for a couple of months, I have chosen to ignore it! Please help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Battery Light
on my 639 111cdi 2011 model it was the blue yellow wire from alt up too ecu ,it was chaffed causing high resistance, this causes alt to go to default charging mode usually about 14.3 volts. repaired wire cured the problem.

Hi, can you please explain which lead please? My Vito has same issue at the minute, I have tested alternator and battery all good there and it has never failed to start! (Touch wood!). Light has been on for a couple of months, I have chosen to ignore it! Please help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts