Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i ve got a vito 108 cdi y reg 2001 model. The problem is it went into limp mode (i think). It does not rev past 3000revs, but it was still ok to drive. 70 mph max. Then a couple of weeks after that the revving slowed down and the van accelerates very very slowly. The engine sounds fine still moves back and forward but very slow, also when it hits 3000 revs you get some white smoke out of the exhaust. ( not too much). has anyone got an idea what it could be? i would be very greatfull thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Unfortunately for you, there are SO many different causes for limp mode.

I'm sure I won't be the only on here saying this, but you're going to have to get your Vito to a mechanic who has a computer to see what is actually going on.

That is the only true way to find out for sure.

And to answer your second post, yes, but doubtful on the sensor and very possible about the injector(s).

I had it once and it was something to do with the vacumm boost controller. But again, the computer told me and it was a 10 minute fix !

Good luck !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think my brother took the van to a mechanic, but showed no faults on his computer. ( his computer software could be old)
Is there a certain software for computer, which should be used?
Im going to buy the m.a.p sensor first form MB for £30 pounds. If this does not work, then i will be taking it to a mechanic with a good computer and software.

The reason why im changing the m.a.p sensor is because the small solid nozzle on it which the flexi pipe connects onto was broken, so it was super glued back on. 2 weeks after this problems started. so i think m.a.p sensor should be replaced anyway.

HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF THE INJECTORS ARE GONE?

thanks!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Could be your sensor is glue is blocking it...

If it is the problem and it was/is causing limp mode, then the computer would certainly be showing error codes...

I'd say the computer wasn't able to read it properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im 100% sure the glue was not blocking it, on the weekend im going to put the new map sensor in, im also going to get it put onto a computer.

Is there anyway i can download a software for my laptop and buy a lead which connects to my computer.(someone told me i can do this)

the best bet i think is to let someone who knows what they are doing.

how do they reset stuff using the computer?

has anyone had the computer on their vito with this type of problem?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi does anyone know a mobile mechanic that works on vito's and does the computer diagnostics. I live in hounlow, west london area. thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that would be great as i need someone who knows about vito's. ive sent u a private message with my details. either give me a call or send me ur mobile number and i will contact you, thanks mark!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any luck on a fix. I've just had my fault codes done. Mechanic tells me the software is all well and good but if the part operates within it's parameters it won't show as a fault although it could be causing the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive checked all earth points, all connections and a good look aroud the van. still not sure what the problem could be. my brother said he put it on the computer and the van picked up no faults. i jst need to find a good merchanic in west london to have a good look at it and put it on the computer again ( i dont think it was properly done last time). ive also changed the map sensor and other parts too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Things I have done to the van
• Put a new map sensor in
• New air filter
• New fuel filter
• New pedal switch or accelerator pedal switch
• Changed the boost pressure switch near the driver side wheel
• And maybe a control valve for the turbo

Things I have checked on the van
• Headlamp height adjustment is working fine
• Checked vacuum pipes
• No warning lights on dash board
• Checked the brake lights both are working( did not check switch)
• Checked all wire connections
• Checked all fuses

Not sure what the problem could be, does anyone know a good Vito mechanic with diagnostics equipment who can vast Heathrow area?
The van still drives but there is no power, it starts first time and just does not rev (very slow).
It is also in limp mode, does not rev past 3000revs and some white smoke come’s out from the exhaust.
If anyone could help me with this problem I would be very grateful, thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts