Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Vito 115cdi Crew Cab
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Vito 639 115cdi crew cab and after pressing the rear wiper switch on the dash last week the wiper motor now runs continually. The only way to stop the motor was to remove the 30 amp fuse (fuse 7).
Each time I press the rear wiper switch on the dash now the red LED goes on and off, so I suspect the switch is fine.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be ?
Is there a relay that controls the rear wiper motor ?.

Thanks in advance, Tony

·
Registered
'06 Vito 115cdi Crew Cab
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need a new unit, it gets full of water and shorts out the board in the wiper motor.
Thanks zenman.

I’m surprised it’s a water issue as the van has only done 20,000 Kms, its always garaged and rarely get driven in the rain. Plus it was not raining when I used the rear wiper, I was just clearing dust from the rear window.

Can there be another cause to this problem ?.

·
Registered
ML63 AMG & 2 350 SLK with AMG kit.
2,488 Posts
The only way to know is to take it out, there is no fix for them as it's all one unit.
The washer tube passes through and that could have filled it with water.

·
Registered
'06 Vito 115cdi Crew Cab
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only way to know is to take it out, there is no fix for them as it's all one unit.
The washer tube passes through and that could have filled it with water.
Thanks zenman 63, I will pull it out have have a look.

Does anybody have the MB part number for the rear wiper motor assembly or is the motor available as a non genuine part ?.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you find out what the problem was? My 2005 Viano has the same problem now but mine has had a mystery washer fluid leak for the last 12 months that we haven't managed to track down which lends weight to zenman's water damage answer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 Vito 639 115cdi crew cab and after pressing the rear wiper switch on the dash last week the wiper motor now runs continually. The only way to stop the motor was to remove the 30 amp fuse (fuse 7).
Each time I press the rear wiper switch on the dash now the red LED goes on and off, so I suspect the switch is fine.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be ?
Is there a relay that controls the rear wiper motor ?.

Thanks in advance, Tony
MINE BURST INTO FLAME AND MELTED THE DOOR PANEL AND WIRING HARNESS WHEN IT WAS PARKED UP OVER NIGHT, VITO 14 REG NOW HAD 4 MOTORS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts