Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I recently purchased a 08 vito well pleased with it but second gear can be slightly stiff to engage i notice this is a common problem with them and just wondered if there is anything that can be done to help or sort this problem?
Thanks Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for reply,ive been looking into redlines range and they do a heavy shockproof gearbox oil for problem gearboxes would this be a no no to put in? if so i'll try the lightweight shockproof gear oil.Thanks

·
Registered
2004 vito 111cdi
6 Posts
i have the same problem with mine, i found the issue is the plastic worn out on the selector inside the dash, going up from first to second is ok, but going down can be a bit of a pig. push as for left as possible to ingage, you should also find that the reverse lights don't always come on.... unless you also push the lever over to the left

·
Registered
2004 vito 111cdi
6 Posts
thanks malcolm thats fantastic, I didn't think the gear stick was adjustable.
job for tomorrow meez thinks:)

·
Registered
2008 vito 109cdi
24 Posts
i have the same problem with mine, i found the issue is the plastic worn out on the selector inside the dash, going up from first to second is ok, but going down can be a bit of a pig. push as for left as possible to ingage, you should also find that the reverse lights don't always come on.... unless you also push the lever over to the left
Hi Siwonga,

I'm having the exact same issue. The worn out plastic is it a difficult fix (do i need special tools) ? Is it the catch that has to be replaced? Any ideas where to get the part?

Thanks for info!

best regards,
nicolaus

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I have 2013 vito 113. I got changing gear issues. When the van cold and running Its really hard put 2nd and 5th gear. But when the van warm up and when you stop it's not problem its engaging all the gear. I have changed master cylinder . But still same. I have no clutch issues . But the problem still there . Can you pls help ?

·
Registered
Vito 114 tourer 2015: Vito 108d 97: 108d 98: Traveliner 2003 ; Aixam; z1100; xbr500; z440 ++++
2,390 Posts
classic worn out gear selector cage symptoms.... the reverse gear repair kit mentioned above.

you will get stories of the bit of plastic is all thats wrong (a small part in the selector kit) but if it is badly worn then so is the rest of the mechanism.

·
Registered
2 Posts
classic worn out gear selector cage symptoms.... the reverse gear repair kit mentioned above.

you will get stories of the bit of plastic is all thats wrong (a small part in the selector kit) but if it is badly worn then so is the rest of the mechanism.
Thank you very much . I will check it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts