Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Posted on here a while ago about this but it was Spring then Summer and the heating system wasnt an issue. However now winter and extremely cold (-10) temperatures the van is impossible to use without a heater.

The blower is the problem as the heater works but theres no air being blown at all.
The wiring was cut and botched by a previous owner and the two wires must have touched causing the blower to totally cut out.

I repaired the wires with some electrical tape as I couldn't find the correct wiring in Halfords or online. I replaced the fan blower and today replaced the heating resistor which did look fairly fried.

However still nothing at all. I have checked the fuses 6&7 on under tha passenger seat but still nothing. The connection going into the blower was also botched my the last moronic owner and as i said I looked online for one too but couldnt find one so rewired it in securely but still using the original one. However wiring does feel secure in there.

I took off the dashboard panel and checked wiring into the back of the heating control panel and all seemed to be connected except one very small connection (square shaped about 0.5mm wide) but there didnt seem to be any other connections to attach it to.

The little red LED is on when i press the heater control in too.

Anyone got any ideas as I'm at a dead end and paying out insurance for nothing at the moment :confused:

·
Registered
2001 V-class 220 cdi
16 Posts
Have you checked the power supply to the fan unit? The new unit could be faulty I would first try to power up the fan unit with a power probe to eliminate that then work my way back along the wiring

Jason

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YESSS!

PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED!

Heating fuse was over in the 20s wather than in the 10s. Very slightly cracked fuse but I found the little b*stard!

Thanks though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts