Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 108CDi has been pretty well bahaved over the short time I've owned it, but just seems to have developed a little niggle in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

First 3 or 4 times it was up to normal work temp running sweet & just "blipped" like a dead cutout as if the ignition had been turned off. Not fuel starve, this has got to be electrical. (I do maybe 50+ short journeys of 2 to 15 miles each week usually).

Today I was on my way up to Nottingham, about 1 hour into the trip, 70mph on the A1 & it "blipped", then a mile later it did it again. Then ..... game over !! cut out completely, only the momentum kept me rolling to get off the A1 into a side road.

Stopped, tried to start it (once) nothing !! (was spinning over but not firing)

Turned key off, waited a couple fo seconds & saw the rev counter and speedo "jump". Turned the key & off it went, perfect.

Have done the rest of the trip (100+ miles without a glitch.

It also did exactly the same yesterday after a short trip (6 miles on warm engine, 3 minutes switched off, then it did it after less than a mile, same result with cutout & restart, speedo jump etc).

Ideas anyone PLEASE ???

·
Registered
Vito 111CDi 2004
1,109 Posts
ECU fault? You can get them tested I believe. I would start with that first then maybe start looking at the fuel pump, cutoff, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts