Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys :)
Please can anybody help, ive recently bought a vito it apparently ran out of diesel and has not started since. We have put diesel in and cranked the engine and towed with no luck. There is no fuel at fuel filter is the fuel pump electric, if so is there a fuse or relevant relay i can check. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

·
Registered
296 Posts
No Electric fuel pump on these.

Fill the filter up with diesel - Then use brake cleaner or easy start to get the engine firing to bleed the diesel to the injectors. It will NEVER start if you don't fill the filter.

I use a small electric pump to prime the filter, I fit it to the fuel lines from the tank and force diesel to the filter, and the pumps. The lift pump is just above the high pressure pump on the driver side of the engine.

Hope this helps.. Ask any questions and I will answer asap!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have filled the filter up and had the engine running on easy start. Cant seem to get any fuel through fuel lines up to filter. Is there a small pre filter in the lift pump or anywhere prior to fuel filter. If it helps anymore the vito is a 1999 108cdi. Many thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts