Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crybaby2:hi everyone i am hoping someone out there can help, i have in my workshop a 2000 model vito 108cdi. It came to me with injector number 2 and 3 blown almost clear of their cylinders. firstly i demounted the engine and the head at which point we decided to get a second hand head off the internet (big mistake) it came and i fitted only to discover as i was putting the engine back in the van that it was a sprinter head. i made a bracket to take the engine mount and re-routed the water hose that runs along the rear of the motor, with that done i started it. it was difficult to start and ran lump for about 10 mins after which it came to an abrupt halt. i did some checks and i found that all the shells were lose. at this point we decided to get a engine but being in the south of france there are not many about, so i drove 3000kms to get one from england (also a big mistake) as when i arrived to collect it the seller informed me that injector 3 was stuck solid and broken having traveled so i decided i would buy and bring it back and try and remove it myself. unfortunately i could not do this, so i decide to use the original cylinder head which with some clean and alot of luck i have managed to get the injectors in and locked down. thats the back ground now for the problems :eek:it will not start no matter what i try, i have triple checked the timming and its perfect i have compresion and i have diesel. i have tried easy start and brake cleaner nothing will make this thing start. i put the computer on it today and cleared all the fault codes then turned it over for a good while. i then rechecked it and have these fault codes? p1192, p1615,p1187, p1470and p1481. p 1481 is for the glow plugs now when i was checking the timing i damaged a connector for number 1 glow plug so i cut the wire and joined a renault conector so that should be fine, the other codes i only have the french descriptions for p1615 is control modual supply voltage and p 1470 is some control vacum. has anyone experienced any really bad none start fazulgts on these engines and do they have any major ecu faults? please help myself and my boss are about ready to go for the galon of petrol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its now running and how i did it may help someone else

right having had the day off yesterday i came into work this morning with a new ditermination to get this van running. firstly i decided that fuel pressure was down on number 4 cylinder so i removed the pipe that connects it to the fuel rail and blew it out with the air line. after a few attempts at this it seemed to clear so i refitted it. after that i decided to check the timming for the fourth time but it was still bang on its marks. at this point i removed the crank shaft postion sensor to find that it was a touch out? i then reset the timing so that it was in the centre, this put the mark on the bottom pulley on to O and not the timiing line. i then put it back together and low and behold the bloody thing started on the first turn of the key :thumbsup: so if anyone in the future has a non start fault after doing work that involves timming check your crank shaft sensor and dont go off the marks on the bottom pulley it seems mercedes was a little bit lacks in where it has put its marks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts