Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
This is my first post as only bought my vito today! It is a 53 plate with 88k on the clock. Drove it back 100 miles from seller this evening and stopped at a friends house on way back. After having a chat for a few mins, I went to restart the Vito and it just turned over and wouldn't fire. We tried this a few times and played with the sigma alarm/imobiliser according to the manual. During this process, the glow plug light was working as normal- ignition on, glow plug light lit up and off after few secs before turning over and not firing. After trying a few times, the glow plug light stopped coming on at all and now van won't turn over at all.
The RAC have been out to the van and plugged in a power pack and van didn't start (still no glow plug light on dash even when ignition turned on). Tested starter and there is no power going from battery to starter when ignition turned.
Does anyone have any idea what this could be as bought van to start up my business with and got 2 weeks to get it sorted before business starts! On a massive budget too so hoping nothing major!!

Just to add, we looked at van last Thurs and it started first time. We picked it up earlier today and started first time with glow plug lights working fine. After driving 100 miles, stopping, and then attempting to restart it after around 3 mins, this is when it wouldnt fire.

Any info much appreciated.
Regards
Ben

·
Registered
Vito 114 tourer 2015: Vito 108d 97: 108d 98: Traveliner 2003 ; Aixam; z1100; xbr500; z440 ++++
2,393 Posts
could be wiring fault but most likely the gloplug timer relay has blown.... its common on all vito models (in fact on all diesels from all manufacturers) replace it

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts