Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have terrible problem with VITO 108CDI production 1999Y

Engine works OK,when I accelerate slowly it goes normaly,but when I stronlgy
push gas,I want to accelerate quick engine shut off,it all happens about 3000rmp and higher

I have tried all kinds of diagnosis StarDiagnose,Mercedes hht and carsoft but there are no errors

Also I have noticed something else,when vehicle stands in place and I push gas it only goes
to 3000rpm, but then vehicle is in move it goes to 4500 rpm

Help me please ,what sensors to check ,change what to do???

regards

·
Registered
118 Posts
The engine will only revs to 3000 rev until the clutch is depressed ! Did you say that the engine cuts out under load ? I would check the reg valve seals on the right of rail and injector leak off.......Have you ever filled with petrol ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY FISXED IT , yOU NEED TO REPLACE THE HIGH PRESSURE PUMP,THIS WILL BE THE PROBLEM,IT IS SUPPOSED TO REV IN THAT WAY, HOPE THIS HELPS YOU

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anybody had this problem with a vito 108cdi year 2000.Engine cranks over but will not fire or start.When you spray easy start down the intake(i know you should not do this)the engine starts runs fine ticks over nice and even revs fine does`nt miss nothing .Stop engine and just will not start even when engine is hot.I have replaced the o ring at the end of the rail checked feed up to stop solinid ok.Another problem is that the heater plug light is continusly on could this be a fault causing the starting problem thing is i dont think it the heater plugs as it wont start when hot but could it be doing somthing to the management somthing else,fuel pump,fuel pressure etc would appreciate to hear from anyone

·
Registered
Vito 280 ,ZX7r,gsxr 750, ,Z650 Cafe ,Benelli Tornado.Ford consul , Ford Pop , ,Chevy Astro,Dog,Wife
1,479 Posts
Come on people ..we can get this up to 1000...[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
Vito 2002
5 Posts
Guest said:
IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY FISXED IT , yOU NEED TO REPLACE THE HIGH PRESSURE PUMP,THIS WILL BE THE PROBLEM,IT IS SUPPOSED TO REV IN THAT WAY, HOPE THIS HELPS YOU
When you say high pressure pump do you mean the turbo?
I am having the same problem with my 112cdi. I have pulled
off the intake hose on the intercooler and discovered oil in it.
There is another thread where somebody says that is O.K
because the engine circulates excess oil. Do I rip the turbo
off for testing.

·
Registered
108CDI
31 Posts
van fan said:
When you say high pressure pump do you mean the turbo?
I am having the same problem with my 112cdi. I have pulled
off the intake hose on the intercooler and discovered oil in it.
There is another thread where somebody says that is O.K
because the engine circulates excess oil. Do I rip the turbo
off for testing.

dont rip the turbo out check this site its interesting reading
htt://www.turbotech.com.au . The execess oil in the intercooler comes from the breather on the top off the rocker cover it is the crankshafts exhaust fumes. Cars
breathe just like we do . other wise the engine would explode with increased pressures. fuel pumps some time two of the one in the fuel tank to prime the pump this comes on when the ignition key is turned on. the secondardy is the high pressure pump that supplys the common rail under pressure. all ECU work with electrical impules it may be that the high pressure pump needs to be rest. to the timming of the motor. good idea to get mechanic to check this unless you know how to do it your self.

·
Registered
Vito 110CDI
1 Posts
I have terrible problem with VITO 108CDI production 1999Y

Engine works OK,when I accelerate slowly it goes normaly,but when I stronlgy
push gas,I want to accelerate quick engine shut off,it all happens about 3000rmp and higher

I have tried all kinds of diagnosis StarDiagnose,Mercedes hht and carsoft but there are no errors

Also I have noticed something else,when vehicle stands in place and I push gas it only goes
to 3000rpm, but then vehicle is in move it goes to 4500 rpm

Help me please ,what sensors to check ,change what to do???

regards
Have the same problem, at higher revs, engine cuts out and ECD light comes on, happened couple of times while overtaking (not ideal) and sometimes in lower gears but with high revs i.e. going uphill.
Have my van at garage now, got a call saying the high pressure pump is leaking and I need to replace it, and that caused the problem.
Your revs are normal.

·
Registered
Vito 112 CDI
39 Posts
Hey,
My 112cdi is doing the same thing, always up hill under load, was going to start with new filter, but do you all think its the HP pump? It has never done this until after i ran out of fuel, so was thinking it could of picked up crap from the tank?

·
Registered
2000 108CDI, 2007 120 CDI long, Suzuki K5 GSXR track bike, 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
1,423 Posts
Hey,
My 112cdi is doing the same thing, always up hill under load, was going to start with new filter, but do you all think its the HP pump? It has never done this until after i ran out of fuel, so was thinking it could of picked up crap from the tank?
Hi ya, either filter is blocked or half full of water and crap, it sounds like it just can't flow enough fuel and the edc can be triggered by water or lack of fuel

Cheers Martin

·
Registered
2000 108CDI, 2007 120 CDI long, Suzuki K5 GSXR track bike, 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
1,423 Posts
Have the same problem, at higher revs, engine cuts out and ECD light comes on, happened couple of times while overtaking (not ideal) and sometimes in lower gears but with high revs i.e. going uphill.
Have my van at garage now, got a call saying the high pressure pump is leaking and I need to replace it, and that caused the problem.
Your revs are normal.
Hi ya, there are o rings on the pump that can leak and be replaced, i would have that checked out first, if one of the o rings is allowing air in it can give the same symptoms and throw an edc light or cut out

Cheers Martin

·
Registered
Vito 112 CDI
39 Posts
Thanks for that, have new filter ordered and i'll get new 'o' rings to go with it, fingers crossed as the pumps sound expensive!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts