Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I understand that this is a Very trivial question, but it's kinda important to me.....I have driven other top end cars (1997 Lexus SC-400) and when you flip down your visor you have a well lit mirror that's there for you. When I bought my 2000 CLK-430, I was Amazed to find out that the "Mirror" on the back of the visor did not have a light for it, and that the Mirror's that they placed there were VERY Cheep like some low grade American car. I understand that when this car was sold NEW, it went for around 55K to 60K depending on what options you picked, and installed Very weak mirror system in the car. Like I said, this sounds very trivial, but I'm the type of guy that loves to have a car that is very balanced.......So with all that said, dose anyone know of a place that I could pick up two new visors for my car that has a Lit mirror system???

Thank You.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not sure about 2000 model. For 2002 CLK430, the mirror lits up when you move the mirror cover to the right on both the driver and passenger side.

Agree that the visor is a bit flimsy, not like those one on E and S class of those model year. Current B class visor is not good either..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I called MB to check it out but the 2002 Mirros that you speak of won't fit my care for some reason.....Oh well, trade off.....lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a facelift 99 CLK with driver/passenger fully lit mirrors. Its easy to change them if you havent got them depends on your DIY level.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Would need to look into the wiring for you but mine is a simple switch on the RHS holding tab which when you move the visor up connects with metal tabs on the visor and lights the lights. I would imagine a simple power and earth go to the roof mounted switch. The parts would be easily available from any Merc breaker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts