Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 E500 with Appearance Package
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got in my 2005 E500 (with airmatic), I got 2 messages. The first one said "schedule F service due in 123 miles" (I have been getting this message for quite some time) and then a new one popped up. It says "visit workshop" and it shows the outline of a car with an arrow inside it pointing up.

Any idea what this is for? Is it the "raising" feature of the airmatic suspension? I tried raising the car and it would not rise. Is it something else? Do I need to take the car in ASAP? Will this be a costly repair?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
When I got in my 2005 E500 (with airmatic), I got 2 messages. The first one said "schedule F service due in 123 miles" (I have been getting this message for quite some time) and then a new one popped up. It says "visit workshop" and it shows the outline of a car with an arrow inside it pointing up.

Any idea what this is for? Is it the "raising" feature of the airmatic suspension? I tried raising the car and it would not rise. Is it something else? Do I need to take the car in ASAP? Will this be a costly repair?

Any help would be appreciated.
The messages are not related. the first indicates that you are due for your next service in 123 miles, the second indicates a problem with your Airmatic suspension. The Airmatic fault should be looked at by a dealer as soon as you can. he then can diagnose the problem and repair it. This should be repaired regardless of the cost as the car may become not drivable. It could be as simple as a leak or as costly as replacement of the compressor or electronics module. In any case it should be repaired.

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
6,027 Posts
It says "visit workshop" and it shows the outline of a car with an arrow inside it pointing up.
More times than not it is a malfunctioning acceleration sensor to front right, left, or rear right identifiable by stored fault code. Part 0045423518 (parts.com $53.48) replaces original 0025426918 for all locations if replaced confirm current part is installed.

·
Registered
2006 E350 Sedan w211
6 Posts
06 E350 Visit Workshop

error code Visit Workshop with arrows pointing up came on. Today the compressor pump continued to run for at least an hour when the car was turned off. I took it to a garage and they did not have time to work on it, but just disconnected it.
Any idea cost high to low to fix this?

·
Registered
223.168 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,445 Posts
error code Visit Workshop with arrows pointing up came on. Today the compressor pump continued to run for at least an hour when the car was turned off. I took it to a garage and they did not have time to work on it, but just disconnected it.
Any idea cost high to low to fix this?
You have several previous threads talking about the cost to fix Airmatic issues. The least expensive one would be the compressor wiring harness but you say the pump was running and then it is more likely a failed strut. You must have observed one or more corners being low?

·
Registered
2006 E350 Sedan w211
6 Posts
06 E350 Visit Workshop

@ Diesel Benz -

the car never was lower on either corner. In fact, I noticed when I would hit the comfort switch the car would raise and lower. The only thing that happened was the motor to the pump continued to run without shutting off.

·
Registered
2006 E350 Sedan w211
6 Posts
I removed the airmatic pump and the casing is cracked. Maybe due to heat? Anyway, when I install it, should I have the car on jack stands or will the car be able to lift itself back up? Thanks. Also, is it necessary to have the car taken to the shop to have it calibrated?

·
Registered
2006 E350 Sedan w211
6 Posts
airmatic pump replacement on 06 E350

Took the old pump off, replaced r67 relay ($50) and new Air pump ($338) from Mercedes. Installed in less than an hour and car is perfect! thnxs for your help Diesel benz and Noodles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Took the old pump off, replaced r67 relay ($50) and new Air pump ($338) from Mercedes. Installed in less than an hour and car is perfect! thnxs for your help Diesel benz and Noodles.
Any tips on replacing this pump, where it is located, and suggestions to go about it ?

I have the same 2 messages, and would prefer to find the pump and swap myself if possible.. thanks [email protected]

mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I know i m typing here very late but i do need some advice for my 03 E500 which recently I changed Airmatic to Arrnott coilover kit but there is same error sign,a car outline wif arrow pointing up is showing...
Kindly share your ideas...
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
23,339 Posts
If the car was converted with the Arnott Springs and not using Airmatic then Arnott should be contacted. There little module is suppose to negate any of the Airmatic communications that would display an error on the dash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.