Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only to this forum [;)]
just got my first benz. (2000 slk230) I LOVE IT!!!!!! when i saw the hard top convertable: i fell in love.
when i first got it, i had some minor issues; but dealership was awesome and took care of everything: no charge.
i do have a question, tho. i'm thinking about getting new headlights. does anyone have any experience with euro dezigns 6000k h.i.d. xenon krypton bulbs? will they fry my wires? or cause any problems?
nice to find a place where people love their car as much as i do; and here i thought i was weird. now i know i am: but i'm in good company [}:)]

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
yeah.. virgin.. im pretty sure everybody will be checking out this post... WTTC!!

Euro dezigns are just bulbs right?? or is it a conversion kit? i dont see why a color coated bulb would burn up the wires... i've heard a lot of that issue but never really seen burnt wires... go for HID!! [:)]

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, they are just bulbs. just being a weird-o i guess.
ok, what does WTTC mean?

·
Registered
SLK32
915 Posts
barndogz - 3/17/2005 4:27 PM

yes, they are just bulbs. just being a weird-o i guess.
ok, what does WTTC mean?
It means Welcome To The Club.

Oh, and btw, WTTC!

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
don't remember the name of company: saw them on e-bay. was just curious if anyone had any experience with them.

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TYFTW
(thank you for the welcome) [:D]

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
493 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I hear you about falling in love with these cars...I decided that I was going to buy it even before I new the top went down...sold the Porsche I had for 5+ years within a month after that.

There's a strange story now...

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TXmudman - 3/17/2005 10:37 PM

Welcome aboard!

I hear you about falling in love with these cars...I decided that I was going to buy it even before I new the top went down...sold the Porsche I had for 5+ years within a month after that.

There's a strange story now...
since i'm new here i haven't had the pleasure of hearing your "strange story": you'll have to tell me sometime.
i was actually looking at an s2k, but the salesmen was a jerk. so that night i went searching on the web and happened to come across the slk......i wanted to drive back to that dealership and thank him for being an ass: i almost made a HUGE mistake. [:0]

·
Registered
SLK32
915 Posts
I think it's funny (intesting) how I came to be the owner of my vehicle. I started looking at new Miata's. I went to the Mazda website, and configured one, fully loaded. When I saw the price, I thought to myself "well, for that money I can get an S2K. So I went to the Nissan website and configured an S2K, fully loaded. Guess what happened[?][?][?] And so it went until I ended up with the vehicle I now call my own.

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cvayala - 3/18/2005 12:01 AM

I think it's funny (intesting) how I came to be the owner of my vehicle. I started looking at new Miata's. I went to the Mazda website, and configured one, fully loaded. When I saw the price, I thought to myself "well, for that money I can get an S2K. So I went to the Nissan website and configured an S2K, fully loaded. Guess what happened[?][?][?] And so it went until I ended up with the vehicle I now call my own.
i too looked at the miata a few years ago. for some reason i just kept dragging my feet about getting a new car. i'm glad i did. [^]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
/me humps your leg

Oh wait... errr... wrong forum [B)]

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
My story is after saying I did not want a convertible that I preferred the rigidity of a hard top I woke up one day and decided I really wanted a convertible. I had been considering the Roller Skate (BMW M Coupe) and was amazed at the prices they were going for. Four months after I first started looking at them the M Coupes were going for $6k more for a comparable car but I digress. I was really looking for an M Roadster. I found a great deal on one, it was the wrong color but I decided to go check it out. The the salesman claimed they sold it in the 20 minutes it took me to drive to the dealership. I let them convince me to drive an S2k. Tossable little car but I did not like the fact that I had to drive it like I stole it to get anything out of the engine. The wife started bitching that the M Roadster only came as a stick. She wanted something she would drive (she can drive a stick (get your minds out of the gutter) but really does not like to)). We compromised on the SLK32. I don't regret for a minute the purchase it is a great car.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
441 Posts
My story is a little differant, I got sick, they gave me 8 hours to live. After an 18 hour surgery and dying on the operating table I said, honey, I'm going to get a sports car. I want a C5. She bitched and complained, she never would go the the Chevy dealer to test drive one. I wanted to show her some respect and let her have a say on what we got, after all, if I die a month later, she's gotta live with it. We looked at the S2k, after all of my 9 back surgeries I put on so much weight that I couldn't even shut the door of the S2k I put on so much weight. She kept pushing me to look at the Slk, I kept holding off, I just wasn't in love. If I couldn't get the Vette, then I'd push for the Z3 Bmw. Well, the car was a blast to drive, but she hated it. So, I gave in, we ordered an SLK32, sight unseen and untest driven. We tried the 230, 320 and the 32 hadn't even hit the states yet. The car was great, it was comfortable, lots of room for a 6' tall 290 lb man, the doors open straight out so I could get in and out with ease, sold! We waited 6 months for it to come in. It was mine, the first one to hit the dealership in our neighborhood, ordered to spec, red, with the two tone black and cream colored interior. The very week it came in, my son that lives with his mom said.. "dude, I think I wanna give college a try" WHAT?? you failed the last three grades of high school I said. But, none the less we had to let him try. My wife said that's it, you don't have 63 thousand bucks for this car. (that's what they where charging us back then to be the first kid in the block with one) so I had to go into the dealership and cancel it. My heart was broken because I had to wait so long and I spent a lot of time in this forum waiting for it to happen just chatting with everyone about it.

So, to make the story short, I ended up with a BMW 330xi again because the wife put me in that car. I love the car whole heartedly, it drove great, I never had any problem in the snow, what a dream! Then I started to go through brakes, 5 sets of rotors in a 4 months. BMW couldn't figure out why, I heard all the excuses, I used to much tire dressing, I beat it, my tire pressure was low when I brought it in, everything in the world. So, after the end of my 5th time I wrote back on my customer satisfaction report that when we went for a test drive the service manager was in the car,driving it and hit a huge pot hole. He hit it hard, then appologized for a 10 minute longer ride on how he was sorry. I didn't get out and check the rim right away, but at the end of 3 days when I got my car back, they said I had a bad rim and seperated belt, THAT's why my rotor went again. Ya right. He dented it, he knows it and he wasn't about to replace it. They even rotated it to the back drivers side from the left front the sneaky bastards, but I was sneakier, I was marking my stuff because I wanted to see what they was replacing! A little trick I learned from mechanics saying they where replacing stuff on the 35 trucks that I owned 10 years ago and they weren't doing it, just charging me for it. So, later that week after I wrote the letter to BMW, someone from the dealership came to my wifes work place and told her that they didn't want to deal with me anymore and wasn't happy with what I said to BMW. If I wanted the car worked on she'd have to bring it in.
FUCK That! I basically burnt my bridge, my letter was so polite it wasn't funny. I was firm, and I did say that I was tired of dealing with proffesionals that are acting like used car dealers with terrible excuses.

To make a long story short, I brought my wife's C class in for her B service and there was an SLK 32, sitting on the lot with 8 thousand miles on it. I could slide into this car with my BMW for trade for less than 14 grand out of pocket. Sweet! Child support was to end the week after, already had the court date and it was a go. I just jumped on that car in an instant. It was a differant color, but who cares. That's how I ended up with an SLK. So far I'm happy, I'm a little concirned about a ticking or purring sound the motor makes, but I'll investigate that.

Thanks for reading :)

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts

. So I went to the Nissan website and configured an S2K, fully loaded.
You probably should've tried getting S2K from Honda - might of been cheaper [:D]

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
slkpwr - 3/17/2005 9:21 PM

yeah.. virgin.. im pretty sure everybody will be checking out this post... WTTC!!
Of'cause - we are here to help each other and share our expirience ;)

barndogz, WTTC!

·
Registered
SLK32
915 Posts
Kirill - 3/18/2005 5:16 AM

. So I went to the Nissan website and configured an S2K, fully loaded.
You probably should've tried getting S2K from Honda - might of been cheaper [:D]
Lol, whoops.

But then I wouldn't have had the an excuse to get the 32.

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shinigami - 3/18/2005 4:22 AM

/me humps your leg

Oh wait... errr... wrong forum [B)]
LOL
[:I]

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kirill - 3/18/2005 10:19 AM

slkpwr - 3/17/2005 9:21 PM

Of'cause - we are here to help each other and share our expirience ;)

barndogz, WTTC!
TFTW
i think i'm going to learns ALOT here [^]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts