Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For folks with cream beige interiors - i.e. "275 / parchment a la 1992-1993 w124.036" (NOT parchment in 1994) ---- have you found a vinyl dye that matches?

I have found assorted pristine interior trim pieces without any broken mounting tabs from the junkyard -- left side a-pillar sail panel trim for example -- but they are all the wrong color. I would like to try to dye them to the proper color.

Various searches have yielded all kinds of conflicting information and the closest I have gotten is this pdf file (attached) from SEM that points POTENTIALLY to SEM color codes 5048, 4225, and 5079.

Just wondering if anyone has found a definitive match. Thanks.

NOTE - I don't know if cream-beige for the 1992-1993 w124.036 is the same interior color as certain earlier w124s, but the 036 is what I have, so hence the specificity of my query. Thanks.

Attachments

·
W124 Moderator
12,585 Posts
Check with member MagicBigDaddy. He is one of the best at referb work.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
W124 Moderator
12,585 Posts
Depends on what you purchase. There are dye's and paints. Products for vinyl are paints, specifically designed to adhere to vinyl. Leathers will require dye.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm ... the a pillar sail panels and c pillar trim are mb tex, not leather, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Jayare
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing