Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
W111 W113 R107
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My w111 220SEB still has a lot of original nice leather pieces left. Unfortunately they are dry and need re-coloring:

Any recommendations on this topic?

1. Do you know of any good dyes for the Mercedes in dark blue? (Currently light blue)
2. How would you recondition the leather to make it soft? (I heard that oil based products should not be used? What is the alternative?)

Thanks,

·
Registered
1967 250SE (German market coupe, 4sp sunroof), 2000 Europa G500 (early model)
56 Posts
Several of us have had HORRIBLE experiences with Leatherique on Mercedes leather of this era and were directly lied to about it by the Leatherique owner. I absolutely destroyed an interior in a '67 250SE. Now whether anything would have improved the leather, I don't know, but the reaction with leatherique was dramatic.

While I've very successfully used Leatherique on other leathers, I would absolutely NOT use it on Mercedes leather of this era (and due to the dishonesty of the owner I won't be using it elsewhere again either)

Bill

·
Registered
07 e350 Sport flint grey and cognac/pano roof/p2 pkg --- 04 s430 black on black
27 Posts
just ordered a gallon of the Apple Leather Care product. Definately don't want to ruin my Cognac brown leather seats with bad chemical cleaner. The jug came to around $100 with shipping. My Dad has a mercedes too so we split the cost. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Ben

·
Registered
1971 280SE 3.5 Coupe
415 Posts
Let us know how the Apple works. I have been very happy with Leatherique but if there is a better product I am interested. I have never had any undesireable reaction with leatherique. My cognac has never been redyed and is faded but the Leatherique did not remove any dye. The color was much lighter as a result of 35 years of gunk being removed.
just ordered a gallon of the Apple Leather Care product. Definately don't want to ruin my Cognac brown leather seats with bad chemical cleaner. The jug came to around $100 with shipping. My Dad has a mercedes too so we split the cost. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts