Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Mercedes cars made in India were a problem for their owners if new parts were needed . New owners knew nothing about this till after they had purchasing one . Someone on Ebay was selling one back here in the UK that i was interested in .And it was a nice looking car but i turned and walked away after he told me it was made in India. Most were white cars .
My car is a white one. Mine is a E220 petrol . but still engine aint that quite

·
Registered
506 Posts
will it give me the same part number for engine wiring harness? not that i have an issue but just curious..and i would like to know if
the factory car comes with Sachs struts or mercedes struts? i dont know much of the work done by the other owners of the car , but i spotted the sachs struts on it when i changed bushings for the lower arms.
And would be able to let me know the which online store sells the best parts? i am not able to find Lemforder engine mounts on Pelican as well as Sparesto.com ...
You should be able to, when it doubt cross verify with existing part on car and may be ask here if you find difference.

Sachs is OE(Original equipment from factory), mercedes does not manufacture its own struts for W124. Try emailing Kyle form FcpEuro with part numbers, See https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w124-e-ce-d-td-class/2550537-124-magnetti-marelli-turn-signal-clearance.html

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
the struts Boge (now Sachs) made for Mercedes in the 80s/90s were probably much better than what you can get from Sachs aftermarket today, sigh. this made in India car likely has the "High Clearance for Bad Roads' option, whatever it was called, and I dunno if that uses different shocks than the standard version. I know the factory Sportline had different shocks.

For "Harder Spring Suspension" (Not for USA, JP, Australia), A1243203430 front, A1243262000 rear

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
the struts Boge (now Sachs) made for Mercedes in the 80s/90s were probably much better than what you can get from Sachs aftermarket today, sigh. this made in India car likely has the "High Clearance for Bad Roads' option, whatever it was called, and I dunno if that uses different shocks than the standard version. I know the factory Sportline had different shocks.

For "Harder Spring Suspension" (Not for USA, JP, Australia), A1243203430 front, A1243262000 rear[/QUOTB

still boge struts are available in the market. SO now is sachs better or boge better? can you get me a part number for boge ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
You should be able to, when it doubt cross verify with existing part on car and may be ask here if you find difference.

Sachs is OE(Original equipment from factory), mercedes does not manufacture its own struts for W124. Try emailing Kyle form FcpEuro with part numbers, See https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w124-e-ce-d-td-class/2550537-124-magnetti-marelli-turn-signal-clearance.html
thank you so much. i emailed him regarding the parts...which aftermarket is best for comfort? Sachs? Boge?

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
i've never seen any availability of internal parts for those antenna motors, just the relpacement antenna whip with the long white gear toothed tail. the couple times I've opened up a antenna motor, I've just had to clean out broken white tails, and crusty old grease, apply new grease and reassemble and they worked fine with a new antenna whip

btw, Boge is Sachs-Boge, all owned by ZF now.... Per their corporate catalog, for a 93-95 E220, they make the following shocks... each will be a front / rear part number

standard: 36-111-B / 36-120-1 or 36-B06-0 (latter for increased ground clearance)
sport: 36-612-C / 36-A06-0
offroad/heavy duty: 36-612-C / 36-A06-0 or 36-B27-0 (latter for increased ground clearance).

the correct choice is based on which suspension kit your car came with, which should have been on the data card we should have been able to pull from MBZ using your VIN, except apparently your car 'doesnt exist' in the system. The Data Card was should have been included with the owners manual when the car was originally sold.

you also should replace the front strut mounts when you replace the shock absorbers, and its a good idea to check all your suspension joints and replace any tie arms that have worn bushings.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
i've never seen any availability of internal parts for those antenna motors, just the relpacement antenna whip with the long white gear toothed tail. the couple times I've opened up a antenna motor, I've just had to clean out broken white tails, and crusty old grease, apply new grease and reassemble and they worked fine with a new antenna whip

btw, Boge is Sachs-Boge, all owned by ZF now.... Per their corporate catalog, for a 93-95 E220, they make the following shocks... each will be a front / rear part number

standard: 36-111-B / 36-120-1 or 36-B06-0 (latter for increased ground clearance)
sport: 36-612-C / 36-A06-0
offroad/heavy duty: 36-612-C / 36-A06-0 or 36-B27-0 (latter for increased ground clearance).

the correct choice is based on which suspension kit your car came with, which should have been on the data card we should have been able to pull from MBZ using your VIN, except apparently your car 'doesnt exist' in the system. The Data Card was should have been included with the owners manual when the car was originally sold.

you also should replace the front strut mounts when you replace the shock absorbers, and its a good idea to check all your suspension joints and replace any tie arms that have worn bushings.
This evening i took my car to my mechanic, we put it on the hydraulic lift and checked out the suspension, the sachs struts almost looked new (but dont have records when it was changed - the part number was SACHS 115070 and i found another number on it 8249 0400 1286 , is this a serial number ?), the lower arm rubber bushings were changed in april 2018 , the tie rod ends had been changed , the steering damper had been changed , the lower ball joint was a febi ...my mechanic said they were all good. Engine mounts were looking good. Rear gear mount top bolt was close to very loose , could be tightened by hand.
by tapping the right front tyres he said the thudding sound over bad roads is from brake calipers , i could hear a mild metal dangling sound when he hit on the tyres. He said the caliper pin might be loose over wear n tear and will require rethreading at the lathe. I am just confused from here on again.
We went for a test drive on really bad roads ,and he said it seems to be from the calipers.
When i shift into third gear ,the gear selector almost moves back about more than an inch after release of clutch and this happens only on third gear so we checked the gear lever linkage bushings ,it all looked fine , but the gear linkage rods were freely moving withing the bushings( right & left ). Is this how it should be or it should be snuggly fit without movement ? my mechanic says they would have a metal ring within it and he would fix it.
And on driving he says my accelerator pedal is very hard.
Please let me know how to proceed

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
The mechanic has seen the car, we haven't, I'd go by what he says

i've never seen a stick shift W124, manual Mercedes are very rare in the USA, so no idea re: your shifting thing.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts