Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
nah, thats world format VIN, its just not in Mercedes database.

there's a guy locally here who has family in india and they have bought multiple Mercedes from Mercedes India, and at least according to this guy's rants, have gotten repeatedly ripped off royally by the crooked dealers and national distributor on service and warranty issues. If half of the local/regional incompetence he's relayed has been true, I wouldn't put it past MB India to have neglected to properly account for their locally made cars in the Mercedes global database.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
nah, thats world format VIN, its just not in Mercedes database.

there's a guy locally here who has family in india and they have bought multiple Mercedes from Mercedes India, and at least according to this guy's rants, have gotten repeatedly ripped off royally by the crooked dealers and national distributor on service and warranty issues. If half of the local/regional incompetence he's relayed has been true, I wouldn't put it past MB India to have neglected to properly account for their locally made cars in the Mercedes global database.
there are instances where they had sold their demo cars as new cars...sad part of the story...:frown

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
HELP!!!
i am looking for the part numbers for
1) shock absorbers
2) ball joints
3) strut mounts
4) engine mounts
i have been quoted for aftermarket parts like struts from Koni/Bryman/Optimal and rest of the products by febi...but i am looking for OE. What do you suggest?

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
the OE shocks were made by Boge/Sachs. afaik, any aftermarket boge shocks today aren't up to the standards of the OE shocks.

I dunno who made the rest of the parts.

fyi, your made in India model probably has the high travel suspension used for countries with bad roads.

there should be a stamped metal plate on the top of the radiator bracket, looks something like this...

https://photos.smugmug.com/Misc/Drop-Box/n-C7pBb/i-t2XjXFV/0/c3192009/X2/i-t2XjXFV-X2.jpg

those two columns of 3-digit numbers on the right, those are many of the options on this chassis. A picture of this metal plate would be greatly helpful.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Mercedes cars made in India were a problem for their owners if new parts were needed . New owners knew nothing about this till after they had purchasing one . Someone on Ebay was selling one back here in the UK that i was interested in .And it was a nice looking car but i turned and walked away after he told me it was made in India. Most were white cars .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
the OE shocks were made by Boge/Sachs. afaik, any aftermarket boge shocks today aren't up to the standards of the OE shocks.

I dunno who made the rest of the parts.

fyi, your made in India model probably has the high travel suspension used for countries with bad roads.

there should be a stamped metal plate on the top of the radiator bracket, looks something like this...

https://photos.smugmug.com/Misc/Drop-Box/n-C7pBb/i-t2XjXFV/0/c3192009/X2/i-t2XjXFV-X2.jpg

those two columns of 3-digit numbers on the right, those are many of the options on this chassis. A picture of this metal plate would be greatly helpful.
i wish i had such a metal plate on my car , but anyways i am sending u all the printed numbers on the car :|:frown

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You have attached label marked 9 & 11, you need attach picture of label marked 10, see my earlier post.

Try WDB1240226C277177 below is the data card, see if it matches.
hi...i am not able to find label 10 on my car or anywhere else..anyways i am attaching the pics
and the data card you sent matches very closely...i am not sure about the code 300 alone, i have a storage box behind the gear box...will you be able to help me with the part numbers ?

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
hi...i am not able to find label 10 on my car or anywhere else..anyways i am attaching the pics
and the data card you sent matches very closely...i am not sure about the code 300 alone, i have a storage box behind the gear box...will you be able to help me with the part numbers ?
It is the same storage box, 300 is standard option, you should be able to order parts based on that VIN. If you still want to be safe you could simply use part numbers from removed part.

Below is the parts list for you, I have replaced ball joint with control arm, if you are going for OEM parts stick to Sachs, Lemforder or Boge.

1. shock absorbers - OE - A1243203430 - OEM(Sachs) 115070
  2. control arm - OE - A1243303107(R) & A1243303007(L) - OEM(Lemforder) - 1097402(R) 1097302(L)
  3. strut mounts - OE - A1243201444 - OEM(Sachs) - 802033
  4. engine mounts - OE - A1242401717 - OEM(Lemforder) - 1085901

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
also note that Bilsteins are considered a upgrade of the shocks. they come in two varieties for these cars, Touring or TC, which are just a bit stiffer than the stock ride, and HD or Sport, which are quite a bit stiffer and give a more sporty ride.

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
oh, and re engine mounts, you probably need the transmission mount too as thats the 'third' engine mount, thats A1242400618

I'm showing two different front engine mounts for the 124.022, with and without air conditioning. the one above is with A/C, A1242401617 is without A/C. 2 of whichever one of these are required.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
It is the same storage box, 300 is standard option, you should be able to

thank you so much for the VIN , i will be able to use it for all my future purposes,but will it give me the same part number for engine wiring harness? not that i have an issue but just curious..and i would like to know if
the factory car comes with Sachs struts or mercedes struts? i dont know much of the work done by the other owners of the car , but i spotted the sachs struts on it when i changed bushings for the lower arms.
And would be able to let me know the which online store sells the best parts? i am not able to find Lemforder engine mounts on Pelican as well as Sparesto.com ...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
also note that Bilsteins are considered a upgrade of the shocks. they come in two varieties for these cars, Touring or TC, which are just a bit stiffer than the stock ride, and HD or Sport, which are quite a bit stiffer and give a more sporty ride.
i would definitely prefer a comfortable ride than a sporty one. so according to you is bilstein comfortable than sachs?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
About this Discussion
48 Replies
7 Participants
LeftCoastGeek
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing