Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SL500
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All the posts on this topic are poorly written and there's conflicting info. I've never seen a video of this done, and I think a video fully showing us what to do would be very beneficial for this sub-forum's DIYers, and could make a very useful resource under the "Helpful Links" sticky.

Could someone kindly post said video?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
All the posts on this topic are poorly written and there's conflicting info. I've never seen a video of this done, and I think a video fully showing us what to do would be very beneficial for this sub-forum's DIYers, and could make a very useful resource under the "Helpful Links" sticky.

Thanks in advance
Great Idea...Thanx

·
Registered
94 SL320 98 SL500 99 SL600
871 Posts

Could someone kindly post said video?

Thanks in advance
There are 4 jack pads under the car. Just use the jack in your trunk and place a jack stand under each pad.

·
Registered
97 SL600 Pano, ex: 96 (late 95) SL320
229 Posts
PelicanParts has an article with good photos on the topic. No video but good info.

I wouldn't use the car's own jack unless in an emergency. It's a pretty shabby and unstable thing compared to a proper floor jack and not really meant for frequent use.

·
Registered
M113 SL500
464 Posts
I bought a set of these with appropriate Mercedes stand adapters. Works really well. Don't need to buy a long reach floor jack to try to jack the car from central jacking points.

·
Registered
2000 SL500, 2001 S600, 2004 E320
501 Posts
I bought a set of these with appropriate Mercedes stand adapters. Works really well. Don't need to buy a long reach floor jack to try to jack the car from central jacking points.

Thanks for the link, this is perfect solution for my needs… I hope it works as well as it looks.

Question about Mercedes adapters: did you get both (18M-P10 and 18M-P20)… do they both perfectly fit respective applications?

·
Registered
M113 SL500
464 Posts
I got the one for round jackpads we have in our R129's. Upon removal, the adapter cup gets a little stuck on the angle of the jackpad because the cup is a smaller diameter than the widest diameter of the jackpad. I kinda see it as a plus, as I think any radial play between the cup and jackpad probably doesn't help safety wise. Not a big deal. The adapter just stays stuck to the car when the rest of the rennstand is removed and requires a little pull to remove.

·
Registered
2000 SL500, 2001 S600, 2004 E320
501 Posts
I got the one for round jackpads we have in our R129's. Upon removal, the adapter cup gets a little stuck on the angle of the jackpad because the cup is a smaller diameter than the widest diameter of the jackpad. I kinda see it as a plus, as I think any radial play between the cup and jackpad probably doesn't help safety wise. Not a big deal. The adapter just stays stuck to the car when the rest of the rennstand is removed and requires a little pull to remove.
Thank you, that's good to know. I thought it would be tight when I checked dimensions posted on their website. I'll need the other one too, for the slotted jack pads on W211, but these should fit with millimeter or two to spare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts