Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not picked up the new car today, that happens in a couple of hours.

I did get iPod Integration and I was wondering if anyone has been able to watch Video on the Nav screen.

Here is a link: YouTube - Mercedes Benz iPod video

Has anyone used the iPod integration to watch Video on the screen or is this some sort of hack?

Thanks

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
I did not see them explaining how the iPod was connected but there is an audio/video cable that could be used like on my W221 with AUX video (plus audio) input to COMAND.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talk about crappy interface

:( So I just got the car and hooked up my iPod. Much to my surprise I can not use the iPod via the Navigation. Only in my instrument cluster can I see the ipod menu which really sucks!

Please tell me I am very wrong and I have made a mistake in how I accessed it....

I pressed Audio -> Aux and then it goes blank on the nav screen with the excption of some buttons that handle bass, etc.

I can then only use the steering wheel buttons to move through songs and not the nav display. What gives?

This far short of what I expect so I would hope that you guys know a better way to do this...

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did some reading

Well after searching the internet and looking in the manuals, the ipod integration is as good as it gets. You CAN'T use it through nav.

After so many years, you would think MB would have refined the e-class and worked out all the little things. I think they have to nail the new model becaues the Infiniti, Lexus, Audi and even cadi brands are starting to creep up.

I wanted to get an MB for my wife after I got the new S550 but I think I was expecting way to much from the E. I think the car looks good and has some good features but so does the competition. I am sure we will enjoy this car and for all it is worth, it is still fun to drive in an MB :)

Next mission is to burn MP3's :)

Later....

·
Registered
04' E320 4Matic
11 Posts
Benz Fam, I concur...i hope the benz auto makers are reading this good survey intel. My 2004 E320 4matic has the aux cable in the glove, and ipod is working but no video nor can i select a playlist or switch to a music video or movie. BENZ MAKERS I HOPE YOU ARE LISTENING

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
I would not want to watch iPod quality video from my 8" screen in the car when I can watch a true DVD video.

Anyway, MB is offering more than just video:
MBClub Forums - View Single Post - W204 - Mercedes Universal Media Interface

Mercedes is a few weeks away from releasing the 'Universal Media Interface'

This is an add on to the W204 Audio-20, which then gives
Navigation - using the colour Audio-20 display, with TMC
iPod interface with control/track-display on the Audio-20 *
USB interface (for MP3 memory sticks)
Aux input (3.5mm)
Audio Streaming via Bluetooth from compatable devices (such as Nokia N95)

It looks *really* nice, and of course I will write a retrofit document

No idea of pricing at all yet i'm afraid. But expect it not to be cheap :) But more competitive via comandonline than MB UK i'd hope.

I have managed to get a set of input cables, so I guess it really is close to be released.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts