Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2K&2K5 C230K SPORT
9 Posts
DID YOU HAVE THE ECU(K BOX) AND AIR FILTER WITH THE PULLEY UPGRADE? AND HAVE YOU HAD THE CAR DYNOED? I HAVE A 2000 C230 KOMP W/KLEEMAN UPGRADE. BIG DIFFERENCE. I JUST PICKED UP A 2005 C230 KOMP SPORT, 6 SPEED. MY KLEEMAN UPGRADE WILL BE DONE THE 1ST WEEK IN APRIL(CAN'T WAIT). I'M GETTING THE AIR FILTER,K BOX, THE PULLEY, SERPENTINE BELT AND A BELT IDLER. I ALSO ADDED 19X8 AMG DOUBLE SPOKE WHEELS. THE CAR FEELS REAL GOOD....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys- not my car but a friends. He has the Kleemann pulley kit for the M271. Whatever's included in the kit he has. I know the headers are coming out soon, so he doesn't have those yet.

Thomas

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kleemann USA has a list of authorized installers. There is one in the NY area with a good rep but usually busy. If you are worried about it, I have an installer down here in MD I highly recommend, they did mine and I have 30K on the M111 pulley without issue.

This kit includes the pulleys (overdrive and other), k-box and belt. The http://www.kleemannusa.com product page will have more details.

I am not sure what if any differences exist between the two kits. Typically, the Kleemann products are lighter, CNC machined pulleys, that produce more HP and TQ. In the case of the M111 pulley, the Renntech was a steel ring pressed on to an OEM pulley. Cheap and hard to balance, and more expensive ~$600 than the Kleemann pulley. Carlsson also makes a kit but again, money and availability.

The kit goes for around $1600, I think. Peanuts for the improvements. M111 pulley was $1k, to chip the car would cost another $6-700...

Yes the pulley'd car pulls very hard and easily out accelerates a stock c230 with ease. My pulley'd M111 cheaps pace and/or surpasses the M-Coupes, non-turbo porsches, smokes Audi TT 1.8s, and the like at the track.

I have Kleemann performance products on my car and I autocross and do track days. I highly recommend Kleemann for a lot of reasons. If you live near Mid-Ohio Sport Car Course, come see why 4/2 -43. I will be doing a HPDE on the pro course with NASA. :)

·
Registered
04c230k sport sedan
224 Posts
yeah i found a dealer out of van nuys for all the west coast readers. they claim 1690+change for parts and 152 for install. the company is called www.bergwerks.com. i am in no way affliated with this company nor have done any business with them but i think i am going to have them install the pulley kit on my vehicle once i save up some extra cash. our cars are to slow stock and for an extra 2g's it is well worth it i think. i get tired of getting smoked by those wrx's. i also asked them about the kleemann flywheel that you have or used to have on your coupe nuk but they said that they dont carry the part + the tranny has to be removed for install doh (700 in labor).

·
Registered
C 230 Sport
184 Posts
Do you have th ECU upgrade? What exactly is the KBox? Is that the ECU upgrade or there is no ECU upgrade in the Kleemann kit? I got quoted $1875 for the Renntech kit installed that included the pulley and ECU upgrade. This is a REnntech and Kleemann distributor and they said that the Kleeman Kit isnt even available yet so where can I get one?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Getting the jump on a WRX is in the technique. The pulley alone may not help you. The Kleemann kit is available, or was, I heard a rumor that only 5 were imported. The K-Box is the ECU upgrade.

$1900 for the Renntech is a good price. Not the norm.

I still have the flywheel. Contact Unorthodox Racing for the flywheel application.

·
Registered
04c230k sport sedan
224 Posts
off topic - technique meaning quick shifting and hitting shift points properly? i have driven stick for about 4 months now but am confident in my ability to shift quickly. is there something else i am missing?

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
here are some numbers....

a WRX non sti -
227 horse
3085 lbs
13.59 pounds per horse

230 Sport Sedan
190 horse
3250 lbs
17.10 pounds per horse

V6 Mustang
210 horse
~3250 lbs
15.47 pounds per horse

just to get the same ratio to go against a WRX you are going to need 50 more horse, making 240 horse and translating 13.54 pounds per horse....

i dont know what these kits give...any one have numbers?
Jake

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jake, there's more to this than numbers. The parasitic loss in the AWD drivetrain is insane compared to RWD. Add to that the sad amount of oversteer the WRX exibits, and with the pulley, the M111 with a pulley tends to be faster. With the flywheel mod, 1/2 wieght single mass w/6 puck clutch and Toyo RA-1s, it wasn't nearly as hard as everyone claims it should be. This debate is old though... I own a coupe and I am pretty sure it's lighter than the SS.

I have the results from timed events, driver to driver of equal skill on an autocross, there were no WRXs burning me up, we were very even.

·
Registered
mercedes benz c240 2
15 Posts
this shit is fast bro . i have the same car u have c230 kom.. 2005 i was wondering how much did u pay for the pully and where did u install it and how much they charged u to install it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts