Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 560SL, 06 Prius, 07 Prius
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a vid of a 560SL tearing up some curvey hills somewhere in Cali I think. To truly appreciate, should be watched with sound to take in the engine roar and the tire squeals:

YouTube - San Pasqual Valley 1

There's a second part too.

Now if I could just figure out how to download and loop it as my desktop background...

-- J.

·
Registered
2001 SLK320, 2001 C320
2,267 Posts
Meh. Cheap tires. Lousy pavement.

We got some roads near here that make that route look like the Pennsylvania turnpike! But I ain't telling where exactly they are... :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing your talking about the hill country northwest of SA. There are some pretty sweet roads out there. If only it was a little closer to me. Just a lot of flat swampland over here in houston. loveable swampland, though :)

-- J.

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,841 Posts
eAspenwood said:
Here's a vid of a 560SL tearing up some curvey hills somewhere in Cali I think. To truly appreciate, should be watched with sound to take in the engine roar and the tire squeals:

YouTube - San Pasqual Valley 1

There's a second part too.

Now if I could just figure out how to download and loop it as my desktop background...

-- J.
Check this one ,http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-topic/1267485-ferarri-through-streets-paris.html
psuedo Ferrari, actually a Mercedes 6.9 , overdubbed sound.

·
Premium Member
87 300SL "Roadster" 86 420SEL "Limo" 89 420SEL The "New" Limo 87 190E 2.6 fact bodykit
1,575 Posts
A truly terrifying experience,

driving that fast around sweeping corners on the wrong side of the road.;)

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
A&L's300SL said:
A truly terrifying experience,

driving that fast around sweeping corners on the wrong side of the road.;)
No, we drive on the right side of the road. In every sense.

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,886 Posts
ScottinSoCal said:
No, we drive on the right side of the road. In every sense.
:D Yep if you want it so but undoubtly your steering wheel is not on the right side!:D

For YouTube downloads:
Get FLV, YouTube videos, flash movies handy tool

Just type (or copy|paste) address of the file (like: YouTube - San Pasqual Valley 1=) into marked box and download will begin automaticaly.
Remember that YOU have to add the extension at the end of file and it HAVE TO BE: .flv
Failure to do so will make file unplayable until proper extension is added later.

To play, if nothing else works: VLC media player - Overview and download/install much awarded universal player VLC, with most of codecs integrated. This will play almost any type of multimedia files.

To convert .FLV into .MP4 .AVI or anything on your mind (plus a fine tool for iPod owners):
Videora iPod Converter - iPod Video Converter

All this was tested by me and I use it daily.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
2002 CLK 430 Convt. '91 420 SEL, '80 240D, '93 190E Sportline, '70 300 SEL 6.3
1,555 Posts
eAspenwood said:
Nice video. Kind of takes away from it that its sound is dubbed though. I would have really liked to have heard the actual mercedes engine.

-- J.

ps - here' a working link to the video since the old links no longer work.

Claude Lelouch: Ferrari @ 140mph through Paris - Google Video
The short movie is call Rendezvous, and is one of my favorite car videos. I have it on both VHS and DVD. Do a google on the movie title to buy it or to find out the details. I love to show it to friends who see it for the first time and watch their reaction!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts