Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz 560SEL mod 91,MB 560SEL mod 90
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

When I put my foot vigorously on the gasoline pedal to do fast acceleration, I have noticed there is some vibration specially at a speed of 140km. At normal acceleration, there is no vibration. Does any body face such a problem? Your feedback is really appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,467 Posts
Probably it's in the drive shaft. Maybe the flex discs but more likely the center bearing in the drive shaft. It's an inexpensive fix to do both flex discs and the center bearing.

·
Registered
'82 500sec euro, '95 Ford F150
1,584 Posts
+1 mramay When you pull the driveshaft apart, be sure to line up the marks on the u-joints. of course only if you do the center bearing. Otherwise no need separate the shafts.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz 560SEL mod 91,MB 560SEL mod 90
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably it's in the drive shaft. Maybe the flex discs but more likely the center bearing in the drive shaft. It's an inexpensive fix to do both flex discs and the center bearing.
Is there a possible access to check the drive shaft central bearing while it is still on place?

·
Registered
92 190E 2.3 SOLD, 91 420SEL, 95 C280
488 Posts
Is there a possible access to check the drive shaft central bearing while it is still on place?
Yes you can remove the covering panels and give it a firm pulling & pushing up & down. It may not tell you for certain if there is a problem though since you only feel the vibration at a high speed and hard acceleration.

If you are uncertain of the age of the disks & center bearing, just go ahead and replace, as they all have said the parts are pretty cheap for the vehicle and the job isn't a difficult one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts