Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my E320 (MY2000), i have a vibration that comes through the steering wheel especially when in R,. No vibration when in N and some vibration when in D.
I changed the air filter and all spark plugs last weekend and it improved somewhat, but its still there. I did change the Engine and Transmission mounts a short while ago.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
On my E320 (MY2000), i have a vibration that comes through the steering wheel especially when in R,. No vibration when in N and some vibration when in D.
I changed the air filter and all spark plugs last weekend and it improved somewhat, but its still there. I did change the Engine and Transmission mounts a short while ago.
You need to revisit engine suspension issue. There are parts being sold that are junk right out of the box.

What brand were engine mounts and transmission mount?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Engine mounts were Lemforder and the transmission mount was also OEM.
Perhaps these have gone bad. I will try jacking up the engine and see if the vibration changes.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The RPM is around 650, so it does not look like its stalling.
I looked at my valve cover breather hoses and can see that they definitely need to be replaced. While looking around I also resealed the breather cover, even though I did not see any signs of oil leaks. The 4 breather hoses are definitely hardened and one is crumbling apart, Could these lead to vacuum issues and hence vibration ?
I also cleaned the throttled body today and noticed the throttle gasket to be in poor shape. I did not have a new gasket so I just sealed it with RTV. I noticed that an O ring as well as a paper gasket are being sold for the throttle body. I did not find any signs of a paper gasket and the O ring while pliable came apart quickly and was stretched quite a bit.

Do I need and O-ring and the paper gasket or will the RTV be sufficient ?
Since I resealed the breather covers, I want to let the RTV cure until tomorrow before I make any observations on the engine.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Do not RTV anything. Replace the O ring, seal, breather hoses. Make sure that the breather holes are not plugged up.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
And get the updated rubber seal for the throttle end of the air tube.. The original one had problems, so it is updated. He used the RTV because he did not have the correct part. At least it is a non-silicone one.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. I will get the OEM parts, hopefully they have been updated. The spacer is just a piece of paper, not sure why there are no signs of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
dilsingh
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing