Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...
i have a 250 w123 sedan.. Recently my car Vibrate on 1st gear start up and on high speed(110km/h)...
i have change the engine mounting, bearing and bushes for the long shaft and balancing for my tires and rims.
it improves the ride alittle but i still get numbness of vibration when crusing at high speed..
what am i missing/need to be replace.
Pls help me.
tq

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[xx(]don't even know
maybe its still stock from d factory...
does it have that squeeking noise cause i have that noise when running on 70km/h and above and when i push the brakes a little it would stop and come back when i accelerate....

the car only had 10000km since 1982 till 2002 and now in my hand for 3yrs its now 60000km.. Heard the owner just love to buy mbs to be keept

·
Registered
Benzless for now...
1,558 Posts
karugs - 2/21/2005 1:56 PM

You mentioned the shocks are new. Did you have it aligned afterwards?
Replacing shocks will not alter the alignment.

EDIT: I would start with your wheel bearings. I'm not sure if the rear bearings on these cars are sealed or servicable but if they are servicable they should be repacked at least every 30,000 miles. A worn wheel bearing will cause vibration. Something could be wrong with your differential or you could have a bad CV joint.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
kai32 - 2/21/2005 7:21 AM

the car only had 10000km since 1982 till 2002 and now in my hand for 3yrs its now 60000km.. Heard the owner just love to buy mbs to be keept
10,000km??? [:0] Damn...

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Well, you did not say it was coming from the rear. [xx(]What’s the condition of the rear axle?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not to sure but it judders when take of on 1st grear.
the tires are 5months old and had been balance and aline..

did my brakes last month due to a a fail calliper..
change all pads..

i ask the mechenic that did my car and say its normal to have a little squeek due to the pads are new and its rubbing on the disk...

well do i need to change all 4 of the bearings.
where is it located.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[:(]really sad......
i have change bearing rotor and brake pad and now drives smoothly only till 100kmh and it starts to vibrate untill 140kmh and it wont vibrate anymore....
i tested the car on a straight road and it starts to vibrate at 120 till 140 and smoothens out after 140 till 180..

any other problem that may cause this...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts