Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1987 300E
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...

I have notice my 300E vibrates in drive, when I shift in neutralor park it's quieter..already had major tuneup .. motor mounts ...
I also tried to take out the relay w/ the fuse in it by the battery ..but impossible to take out..
Any suggestions would help ...Thanks

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
A topic of "If your car is vibrating or any kind of shaking, you need to buy a new engine harness" should be posted on here.

and if we with not good engine harnesse's would be willing to make a group buy maby somebody will provide cheap harness's.

I sure as hell need one.

·
Registered
2002 CL55 AMG, 1993 190E 2.3L, 2004 SLK320 Sport
1,733 Posts
Did you clean the throttle body ?
Maybe, try this link ?
http://www.thebenzbin.com/mercedes-hard-start.html

·
Registered
1987 300E
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hyprr1 - 5/11/2005 10:08 PM

Did you clean the throttle body ?
Maybe, try this link ?
http://www.thebenzbin.com/mercedes-hard-start.html

Thanks thats the relay I was trying to get out..but can't...
I'll follow up tomorrow [;)]

·
Registered
1995 W124 E320 Turbo Technics Twin Turbo
261 Posts
I recently purchased a 1986 300E which vibrated badly in gear whilst idling.

Fitting new motor mounts helped a lot but there was still a vibrating that I could feel through the floor under my feet......I have a right hand drive car by the way!!!

Turned out that a new exhaust had been fitted and the heat shields were loose and vibrating against the floorpan.....it only really did this when the car was at a standstill in gear....moving it into neutral got rid of the vibration.

I ended up taking off the heat shields all together as they were more trouble than they were worth.

·
Registered
1987 300E
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info...I recently had an exhaust system put on..I'll check it out and let you know the status

·
Registered
SL320, 300e, 450SL
1,044 Posts
My 91 300e was vibrating some when in drive also. Upon further inspection, my muffler was starting to rust off the main pipe leading to it causing a slight shake at idle. Welded back on the muffler and the problem has went away.

·
Registered
1987 300E
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for your input..here's the results so far..
The overload relay and exhaust system were not the problem..

Looks like the front flex disc and transmission mount might be the problem...
I'll keep you updated when I get it fixed

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
I had that vibration before. It turned out to be the transmission mount. I had a bad trans leak, and the leaking fluid degraded the rubber mount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts