Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Very Nice Cheap 2002 C32 - Bad Transmission

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  C32JET 
#1 ·
So I owned this 2002 C32 for about 12 years and sold it to a co-worker about 3 years ago and a few weeks ago the transmission failed due to a failed radiator - coolant in the trans.

He is choosing not to repair it and would like to sell it as is, and I said I'd try and help. I'd buy it back myself but I already have too many projects and don't really need another - although I loved this car.

I think it has about 120,000-ish miles on it and has always been well cared for. A picture from when I sold it to him a few years ago is attached.

I'm guessing here, but I'd think he'd sell it as is for less than a grand... But that's not really for me to say. I don't have anything to do with any negotiations or sales, I'd just like to see it go to an enthusiast that will get it back on the road and enjoy it!

If anyone interested PM me and I'll send you his contact info. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Can you share what the symptoms were going into the transmission going out? Was it 'boom' and done one day? Or were there signs it was getting ready to go? If so, what were the irregularities? Did you have the Valeo radiator and had you ever changed the little plastic thing going into the transmission? And how did it fail? Did you get in it one day and it would not move or did it blow on the highway? Good luck with finding it a new home. My 02 C32 is pushing 150K and I still love it. I have the Valeo radiator and have change the plastic thing and the TCC selenoid for the second gear 'bump'. Also have had the fluid tested to ensure no contamination. All good. Mine has long had an small odd 'lurchy' bit if you are in stop and go traffic... it always makes me wonder if this is some sort of sign... its been that way for many years though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.