Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am very new to an MB. I just bought my first one on Monday and so far I'm loving it. I bought an 03 C240, now I'm wondering, can you put an after market cd player in it? or like a head unit with DVD and Nav? Also, can you put a remote start in this car? One more question, can you a nice set of subs in it? Thank you for everyone's feed back! :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
yes u can put an aftermarket dvd gps stereo...but u just cant control it thru thee steering wheel...u can put subs

the remote start is a 1000

did u take your car to the dealer yet or mechanic that knows mercedes?

how many miles?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No.. not yet, I know of a stereo shop that I am verrrrry comfortable with and have had them do everything on my previous cars. I was just wondering if its hard to do, or do I need to take it to a Mercedes dealer and if it was even possible. What would you recommend me do?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Mercedes with the fiber optic bose system gets more complicated.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,854 Posts
Yep, without Bose, radio replacement is pretty much like any car. Just remember to hook up the power antenna lead - it's needed to switch on the vehicle's antenna amp. With Bose, you have to replace the speakers and wiring (because of the Bose 2ohm impedance, and because without being able to use the fiber optic Bose amp and equalizing circuitry, they will sound like crap).

I doubt you will like the remote start options. The only way to do it is to either "embed" a spare key into the system, or, bypass your car's excellent security features. Personally, I wouldn't do it at any cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts