Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would give back to community & share a good find in case someone wanted to add little touch to their rides.
I wanted to give a little sharper look to my 2005 CDI factory trunk and after some search came across pretty good deal on eBay. :thumbsup:
Those guys have covered just about any Benz model/year and offering either painted or unpainted spoilers with perfect matching color and fit ( I bought mine painted for only $85 with FREE S/H ) ordered 5 days ago and today already installed. Super fast FREE delivery. Including pictures of actual product and boot of my car before and after , took actually only 5 minutes to install ( no drilling involved just a solid 3M tape as shown on pic )

Link to this eBay company :
Painted Mercedes BENZ W124 E-class Sedan Rear Boot Trunk Lip Spoiler 86 744 items in oem.thing store on eBay!

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 E500
55 Posts
The seller is from Taiwan, and you got the lip in 5 days? Can you take some closer shots? I just want to look at the fitment before i buy.

Thank you!

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seller is from Taiwan, and you got the lip in 5 days? Can you take some closer shots? I just want to look at the fitment before i buy.

Thank you!
Indeed it's a Taiwan seller , was kind of iffy myself 'till got part and looked at PERFECT fitment and paint match... check their feed back from Mercedes owners.
Will try to take later today & post MACRO close Up shots on both ends to display fitment , but in verbal description can tell - fitment virtually precise 1-2 mm at most on both ends (against edge of trunk lid)

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you!
here are promised fitment close Ups..see for yourself:)

Attachments

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow i'm getting one now. lol Thanks!
actually I got mine in 4 days after placing an order/buying on eBay...was shocked by their efficiency , how they making it happen so fast & smooth -I have no clue , but hey ...what to complain about , right?..LOL
Hope soon you will be joining happy bunch of already "spoilered" Benz owners.
Cheers ,
-M.

·
Registered
2003 E500
55 Posts
And to verify this.....

YES we can call this TAIWAN MIRACLE!!! SEE PICTURES BELOW!!!

PERFECT PAINT MATCH AND PERFECT FITMENT! Mine wasn't even off the 2mm!!!

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Awesome brother!
Glad I made you a believer.. lol
so do share. how long it took from ordering on ebay to get to SoCal? ;)

·
Registered
2003 E500
55 Posts
Awesome brother!
Glad I made you a believer.. lol
so do share. how long it took from ordering on ebay to get to SoCal? ;)
They didn't have my color painted in stock, so they had to paint it, took about 2 weeks total including shipping times.

·
Registered
1991 560 SEC, 1989 560SEL, 1999 C230, 2009 E350 Sport 4m, 2011 E350 Cabriolet
91 Posts
Guys,
I just picked up a CPO 2009 E350 4 matic with Iridium Silver loaded with only 12k miles on her from Manhattan Mercedes.
Can you let me know what paint they used and the number of base coats and clear coats? I would like to add this to the car since I am planning on keeping her for many years. My concern is the longevity of the paint.
Thanks

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think contacting seller regarding longevity and painting process seems logical and they do communicate rather promptly.
If you having doubts about quality of paint , they do offer Unpainted spoilers , this way you can have it painted by trusted body shop here in States. Fitment of their product is precise as you probably already seen on pictures posted earlier. Once you install it you won't be disappointed.
Good luck and don't forget to post pic's of new look.
Cheers.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,119 Posts
Guys,
I just picked up a CPO 2009 E350 4 matic with Iridium Silver loaded with only 12k miles on her from Manhattan Mercedes.
Can you let me know what paint they used and the number of base coats and clear coats? I would like to add this to the car since I am planning on keeping her for many years. My concern is the longevity of the paint.
Thanks
You are basically looking at a total repaint.

You could have coats of clear added if the base color coat is in good shape.
It will still be a pricey job if it is done right. All moldings, chrome trim, door handles and glass should be removed before spraying.

One note, aftermarket coatings are not s durable as the factory coatings because they
can not bake the car at the higher temps used when the car is coated at the factory.
So they are about 35% less durable than original.

A safer bet if it were my car is to keep the slat off it and twice a year have
a polymer paint sealant applied. It will protect from UV and air born contaminants.
Consult with a MB approved body shop and get their input.

·
Banned
2006 E320 CDI
932 Posts
I think he want to know what paint they use to paint those spoilers.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,119 Posts
Ahhh,
The paint code is on the door plate. As far as clear coat all the reputable shops use good
stuff with a flex agent for plastic.
Sikkens, SEM, DuPont, PPG and Ditzler(BASF) all make great stuff.
More than 4 coats of clear would be overkill.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes I was referring to the manufacturer of the paint and the number of coat used on Lefix's and LeFantom's.

I reviewed the spoiler on being sold by ForMyMercedes".com and noticed they use Sikken with 4 coats of base and clear. Also I noticed that the edging on their spoiler has a straighter edge at the corner, where Lefix's an Lafantom's have a radius corner at the edge. Here is the link to review. I am leaning toward the spoiler with the the straight edge, however the cost is more. Any thoughts?

ForMyMercedes.com

·
Registered
91 Posts
It has taken me more time to choose which one, than it did to buy the car! I hate these decisions. LOL :>)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts