Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
w163 ml
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post some comments reguarding my ebay purchase of a left hand drive bi-xenon i know it will work but very concerned reguarding beam patterns can anybody re-assure me and comments are invited,

please please help

·
Registered
497 Posts
woz - 3/15/2005 12:53 PM
Post some comments reguarding my ebay purchase of a left hand drive bi-xenon i know it will work but very concerned reguarding beam patterns can anybody re-assure me and comments are invited,
please please help
I suggest you try patience (its easy giving others advice I find hard to take myself) and wait until you have the light.

The dip beam pattern is made by a metal mask which simply gets in the way of the light between the bulb and the lens.

If you do not have a lever, you may be able to 'modify' the mask through the bulb hole.

It would alleviate your patience if someone with left-hand drive bi-xenons advised us if they have the lever or not.

Is there anybody out there who has found/not found the lever by the side of the bi-xenon bulb?

The lever may also be present on standard halogen projector lamps, which would also be nice to know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
woz - 3/15/2005 7:53 AM

please please help
Woz,
this is one of many many modifications you have attempted that you have had problems with... My friendly advice is that if you are not a very strong electrical/mechanical Do It Yourself type, trying to buy components and do these modifications yourself is going to cost you a LOT of money and frustration.

If I were you, I would not do it. You will end up with something that may not pass inspection, or in your attempt to modify it, render it useless.

·
Registered
2001 ML 55AMG
1,158 Posts
I aggree 100% with roadsession! You asked the forum for advice and then do the exact opposite. Everyonr told you to get the OEM Bixenons. If you listened you would be seeing better at night by now! [8D]

·
Registered
w163 ml
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for advice your right i will wait until it arrives, sorry guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts