Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
W203
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looked into vertical doors? What do you think? VerticalDoors.com will make a kit for the model if they gather 10 people... whaddya say??

·
Registered
254 Posts
i wouldnt mind doing it if the price was right.

·
Registered
00 W202, 04 955 S, 08 e90
1,704 Posts
will only look good with 2 doors!

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320 Cab
96 Posts
I'll keep you guys posted. The shop next to mine is ordering me a set for my W209. I'll use my car as the guinea pig. I can also get a group buy installed price.

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
Calclearbra - 2/15/2005 1:25 PM

I'll keep you guys posted. The shop next to mine is ordering me a set for my W209. I'll use my car as the guinea pig. I can also get a group buy installed price.
Please don't install these. You will be disappointed. You will have to cut the inner fender and the install will look kinda sloppy. On top of that, the doors open horizontally about a foot to foot and a half(which is enough for you to get out) and then lift up with the help of hydraulics. Plus..$2800??? what a rip-off. Please it'll ruin the functionality of the doors of your mercedes.

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320 Cab
96 Posts
Well, if you talk with the manufacturer of the vertical doors brand hinges, the doors actually swing out 2 feet and with the help of one finger, can swing the door up to a 75 degree angle. This allows for plenty of clearance to get out of the vehicle and the hinges can hold up to 750 lbs. more than enough to lift the door. The kit you must have seen was a cheap immitation. It does NOT ruin the functionality of the door and is reversible since it is a direct bolt on. Once I get them done, those interested can email me for pictures.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts