Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
V-220-CDI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm owner of one Mercedes Benz V-220-CDI.
I don't know for what is the central switch for ventilation in the right circle of buttons in V-class or in Vito. In this circle there is 3 buttons:
Air conditioned (upper)
Rest button for residual calefaction (lower)
But the central button I don't know its utility. (My owner manual is in German) This switch is serigraphied three vertical wave lines and a + (plus)sign.

Someone can help me?

·
Registered
V220 CDI Ambiente
42 Posts
Hello,

According to the English manual:

HEATER BOOSTER

The heater booster can be switched on while driving to ensure that the vehicle interior reaches the selected temperature and the engine reaches operating temperature more quickly.
----------------------------------------------------

Mine has it too.

Apparently the CDI is so effecient that it wastes very little energy as heat. So the booster is there for those cold days.

Phil

·
Registered
V-220-CDI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Ventilation Switch.

Thank you Phil.

Then, this is the switch for increasing the temperature interior more quickly.
I try this switch in winter and summer and I don't notice his effect. I only see the left LED on and off but I don't notice nothing. (In Spain the weather is warm)

·
Registered
V220 CDI Ambiente
42 Posts
Hi

Underneath my v220 there is a diesel heater that connects to the water pipes. It ha...

Hi

Underneath my v220 there is a diesel heater that connects to the water pipes. It has it own exhaust etc.

On some v-class you can have an Aux heater as an optional extra, I can not see them fitting two diesel heaters so this one must do that job as well. Do anyone know if the timer can be fitted to enable the Aux heater or does it require other parts?

Also my vehicle does not have the manual suspenion switch, I wonder if this can be added or if it requires extra modules?

Does anyone know where to get a v-class wiring diagram?

Phil

·
Registered
2003 112CDi Vito Van
31 Posts
Booster Heater

This auxilary heater is brilliant! I start getting warm air after driving less than 1km (even at less than 5C ambient)8D. My petrol VW Transporter took about 5km to warm up.

I've thought about a possible timer/remote control for the heater but the thought of setting the unattended van on fire is causing some hesitation.

Re the Wiring Diagram. The Holy Grail! It seems that technology would finally allow easy, cheap distribution of service manuals, however the manufacturers are almost witholding these illegally by making them either hard to procure or by pricing them beyond normal users.

Anyone finds a 2003 doc, please let me know.

Regards

Rob K

·
Registered
V220 CDI Ambiente
42 Posts
Hi the timer / clock is avaliable as an option on the v-class, it fitts in the interior li...

Hi the timer / clock is avaliable as an option on the v-class, it fitts in the interior light box above the mirror. My manual shows the timer for the heater, it says you can set it to warm up the interior of the van and the engine before you need to use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts