Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 S500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I too (like other posts here) was not certain if the ventilated seats worked or not, I asked the dealer to check out, they said the door control modules were defective. Replaced the modules in each front door (they said to replace in pairs as there was an upgrade) and now they do work. The easiest way to tell if they work or not is to turn on the key (but don't start the car) turn off radio so it is quiet, then turn on the seat ventilator. You can hear it come on, it is quite obvious the fans are running when nothing else is on you can hear them plainly. Upgraded modules were part number 220-821-93-51-7C45 and 220-821-98-51-7C45. Even though I am now certain that they work, the cooling effect isn't real noticeable. The one time I noticed the cooling most was when using the "summer opening" feature that turns them on before getting into the car, that I seemed to notice, sitting down in a "pre-cooled" seat was noticeable. Hope this helps someone! This is my first post.

·
Registered
S600 Sport
19 Posts
If I got this right...

The fans pull air out of the car, not the ac system (Correct me if I am wrong) which is why you cannot feel the "coolness" coming from the seats until the whole cabin is cooled off. I will say that during the summer months, it is obvious when they (the fans) are or are not on.

·
Registered
2000 S500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my understanding

I believe that the fans pull cabin air from under the seat. I really noticed it when using the summer opening feature on the remote key, so they ran for half a minute or so before sitting in the seat, it felt like sitting in a puddle! The seat was cold. Some people have also said that using in the winter along with the seat heater helps move air past the seat heaters and warms up the seat better too, I haven't tried that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts