Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML320
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 E320 that continually moves air to the front face even if the control dial is moved to feet, window or combination feet/face. The dealer tells me that I have to close the actual vents manually to get it to blow to the feet. Doesn't make sense for a $50K car to manually do anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 E500
141 Posts
Check and see if the "auto" light is illuminated in the center of the AC direction dial. I am pretty sure that if it is, the car will automatically determine which vents to direct air through, so even if you have the dial set to "feet only" the car may use other settings if it determines they will more efficiently heat/cool the seat occupant if this setting is on auto. In my car, when you manually turn the dial, the "auto" light in the center of the dial turns off, indicating that you have selected to manually override the automatic vent choice by designating the vents you want the air to come out of. I'll play with this later and confirm the operation.

BTW from this post and your other one about the brakes, I find your dealer's responses "questionable". It sounds like they are trying to tell you anything it takes to get you out of their hair rather than spending the time to correctly diagnose your problem and solve it for you. My dealer would never take this approach to issues like this. However, unfortunately there are dealers out there that prefer the "half assed" approach. I suggest that you call MB corporate and tell them about the issues you are exeriencing, and your dealership's responses to you. I am certain that after your dealership gets a call from MB corporate, you will find that they are MUCH more interested in spending time and effort to resolve your issues.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
2001 ML320
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. The Auto light is definitely off when I set the control to feet. I also tried it on the C230 rental car and it moves the air as directed on the dial. I will keep you posted.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts