Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have all felt and some have expressed our frustrations with online sellers and their less than stellar online ads. Those listings that lack information, descriptions, photos or offer poor/inaccurate information are disappointing. The listing that include photos that look as if they were take thru a fish bowl are equally as sad. It doesn't taken much to describe a vehicle really... Year, Make, Model, Mileage, Condition and a few medium rez photos are a few key pieces that should be included in any vehicle listing.

So, I thought I might start this thread to begin posting some of the worst listings out there. Maybe we can turn some frowns into a smile.

I'll start with the first official Best of the Worst vehicle listing with a Craigslist listing for a 500SEC. Enjoy!

5.0 v-8 500sec

5.0 v-8 500sec - $1500 (oakland east)

Date: 2008-02-07, 1:41PM PST

1984 benz
500 sec
two door coupe
running
needs some tlc

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Is that a rattle snake coiled up in the passenger seat? :confused:

Really, some people are beyond help.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Here's another one from craigslist:

Mercedes 560 SEC

Mercedes 560 SEC - $8000

Date: 2008-02-04, 1:56PM PST

Reply to email [email protected] for info
cash only and no terms.
What would be funny is we all email this guy at once with offers to buy his car with offers above what he's asking since we can tell from the description how nice it is!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Here's another one from craigslist:

Mercedes 560 SEC

Mercedes 560 SEC - $8000

Date: 2008-02-04, 1:56PM PST

Reply to email [email protected] for info
cash only and no terms.
This person should have the vehicle taken from them purely because they're inept, stupid, and somehow managed to escape the retarded farm to place an ad on a website.

Sorry, I have a very low tolerance for stupidity. Ignorance is fine, if you fix it, we're born with -0- knowledge. If you don't at least try to learn, you're an idiot.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
jesus, what do people do in order to make a quick buck.

YOU sir with the alleged $8000 SEC, are an IDIOT, I would not for one second consider buying that car, that according to the LOVELY pictures is a FANTASTIC auto.

goddamn I hate people like that, they really take the p*ss. (excuse my french)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I once saw a real Ebay ad, and the title was "TIRES". Period. The description was "4 tires". Period. No pics. No details. HAHahahaha...

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I once saw a real Ebay ad, and the title was "TIRES". Period. The description was "4 tires". Period. No pics. No details. HAHahahaha...
insane.

Here's another CL ad for a 1985 SEC:

V-8 engine, excellent running condition. Very well maintained.
We finance with no credit check, accept trade-ins and take credit cards. Lots of other low cost cars to choose from.

1985 Mercedes 500 SEC

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks like most of these folks still think they are making ads for the newspaper, which charges by the word. I could just imagine what a standard craigslist posting would cost if you paid newspaper rates!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts