Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've got a 1984 300SD. I need some help. Anyone know how to replace the headlights quick? Also, the radio doesn't work. Nor the lighter. I checked the fuse. Sure enough it was blown. I replaced it and it blew as soon as the car started. So I want to pull the radio and see if it's the radio or something else. Anyone know how? Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can tell you that my stereo came out too easily. I just had to drop the ash tray out and push the unit from behind, slid right out. I don't know how it is in your 300SD... probably similar though. In my car I believe the cig lighter, the stereo, the heated rear window, and the sunroof are all on the same fuse.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, and it keeps popping. I want to see if without the stero it will pop. If I pull the stereo and that fuse doesn't blow then something must be messed up in the radio. And if not..... then I search for the short circuit. Thanks for the help. Driving with no music sucks.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Indeed it does. My deck sometimes decides to just stop working, I don't get it. I've checked all the connections. When I pull it out and check everything then push it back in it works fine and none of the memory is messed up on it. So in those times between it dying and me getting pissed and pulling it out I am tuneless. I hate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts