Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1984 MERCEDES-BENZ 300 TURBO DIESEL, 1978 CHEVROLET K20 CUSTOM DELUXE
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have a 1984 300dt. the horn doesnt work, the brake lights dont work, the cruize control doesnt work, all the interior lights dont work and trubk lights dont work. i do not know what the problem is. i could diagnose further but i was wondering if there was a common problem with these things not working. thank you.

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,070 Posts
hello, i have a 1984 300dt. the horn doesnt work, the brake lights dont work, the cruize control doesnt work, all the interior lights dont work and trubk lights dont work. i do not know what the problem is. i could diagnose further but i was wondering if there was a common problem with these things not working. thank you.
The Cruise Control can be problematic all by itself and may not be related to the other problems.
I never even tried to see if mine works as I don't like Cruise Control; never had on on my other Cars since 1968 and never felt the need for one.

I removed the Cruise Control because I found I would snag the Valve Cover Gasket on it if I was not Careful.

For the rest the first place to start is to see if the Fuse Chart is still in the Lid of the Fuse Box.
If you don't have one pull each Fuse out one by one and inspect the tips of the Fuse and where the mount in the Bracket. Clean the contact areas if they need cleaning.

Replace any Fuses that have a Plastic Body as the Body will often Melt before the Fuse does meaning it melts too soon.
Replace them with Fuses that have Ceramic bodies and Copper or Brass Metal Fuses cause less issues in the long run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts