Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 SLK 230. When I put the top down the cover that falls into place to hide the top's inner workings falls pretty hard. I was wondering if there is an adjustment procedure to fix this. I hope I explained this well enough. Thanks.

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the black cover sort of slams down pretty hard. I have noticed a faint line on the roof where this cover flexes onto it. The video shows the cover insync with the top and as the top goes down so does this cover. Mine stays in the upright position then all of a sudden drops quickly with a thud sound. Just wondered if there is an adjustment to put the two in sync.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
No, the black cover sort of slams down pretty hard. I have noticed a faint line on the roof where this cover flexes onto it. The video shows the cover insync with the top and as the top goes down so does this cover. Mine stays in the upright position then all of a sudden drops quickly with a thud sound. Just wondered if there is an adjustment to put the two in sync.
As far as I remember, the cover is raised by a cable arrangement and lowers under it's own weight as the cable get slack in it. Maybe the cable does not move freely and that causes the sudden drop?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts