Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i have a problem with my vario roof.When i open it ,makes a loud noise and when i m trying to close it the roof is getting closed with very hard work.
The dealer told me that its the hydroelectric pump of the roof and it costs about 1.400 euro!!!Did anyoe had the same problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi SNikosgr; first post so apologies for any breached etiquette!

I had a problem with my roof on my second hand 2005 350 when I first got it. When I tried to open the roof, it would stick until I gave it a push from the inside. Then it would open with a loud "Clonk" and work fine. Closing worked until the leading edge of the roof met the top of the windscreen/windshield. Then it would stick and again make a loud noise before seating properly.

I took it back to the dealer and he had it sorted in about 20 minutes! He mentioned something about cable tension pulling the roof slightly to one side causing it to stick. Obviously cables stretch with age and so it sounded reasonable. They adjusted the tension and everything was fine with no noise and smooth operation. This was done under warranty but I cannot imagine it being too expensive if you're out of warranty and will certainly be cheaper than a new pump so if this sounds familiar, it may be worth getting them to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts