Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I currently own a number of MB's: two sedans and three wagons.

My most recent purchase is an '85 wagon that is gorgeous! Navy blue with saddle interior, (2nd owner, paid $600.00! 216 on odometer). I also have a yellow '85 wagon that is near mint.

Here's my question. The new 85 navy blue wagon has what appears to be euro headlights with wipers. I notice that the aircleaner is so much different on both cars, with the navy blue wagon having a HUGE canister sitting behind the passenger headlight. The yellow wagon has the standard over the turbo air filter. Huge difference in replacement costs, but I'm really only concerned as to why the difference.

If the navy blue wagon was in fact imported from Germany to the US, what other differences can I expect. Are euro models any less or more desirable?

Thanks for the collective wisdom.

JBeechcraft

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have a blue, 85 Euro TD and a 85 Euro 240D. They are both manual 5 speeds, manual windows, manual heater controls. About the only difference in the engines besides the addition of a fifth cylinder, is the 240 did not come with an oil cooler, which is typical for the Euro 240. I got all the Euro goodies with the 240D, not so with the TD. I have the round 7 inch Euro headlights for the TD, which light up the road just as well as the rectangular Euros IMO.

I do love that TD on the highway, happy motoring

1 - 3 of 3 Posts