Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
...Unusual marker lamps on the ends of the front bumper.

[Moderator edited and moved this material to a new thread as requested. Good stuff... deserves its own thread instead of clouding up another one anyway.]

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I agree that markers in that position were standard on some trucks- but the ones on the DOKA are a bit different.
The Factory ones were one-sided, and showed a White Face forward.
The Markers on the DOKA show an Amber face forward and a Red face to the rear....so, a little unusual.
Not that it really matters, as it won't be on the road anytime soon.

From the angle shown, I'd think that DOKA cab Might be salvageable..

Attachments

·
Registered
U1600AG + a LR 90
995 Posts
mine has position lights on the front bumper ends just as per that crashed DOKA, which have a rubber body with white/red lenses front/rear even though my headlights have side lights within them.

the crashed DOKA ones may look amber on the front but viewed from the right direction in the day with the sun the white front lens will look red/amber due to the sun shining threw the rear red lenses which would tally with the sun direction in the uncrashed photo.

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
....if you look at the blow up I posted of the crashed photo, I think you'll see we are dealing with
something a little different here. You can see Amber and Red from the side, not through the lens... truly a minute detail...and I'll bet there are lots of different configurations out there.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts