Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81' 300D, 82 300TD
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested in starting a Vancouver "Diesel/Veggie/Biodiesel Mercedes/other diesel users club"

Basically it would be nice to have some get togethers with people that own similiar cars, or use similiar fuels.

So if anyone is interested in getting a group together either leave a message here or PM me.

The name is Andrew by the way!

·
Registered
1980 280te 1979 Rabbit D 1969 Triumph T100C
1,406 Posts
I am in Portland, OR. which is probably to far for meet ups, unless in seattle.

·
Registered
now: Audi / next: W140
1 Posts
I am in Campbell River on the island but do not own a MB presently. I used to have a W108 until 5 yrs ago and I've promised myself since then that I will own another Benz (or two, or three):) again. Although I am mechanically very adept and have always worked on my own cars, I have absolutely no experience with diesels. To be honest, they hadn't interested me much until recently, partly due to rising gas prices and partly because this is one aspect of automobiledom I want to learn more about.
So, if I can scrounge enough $$ before November, I'd like to pick up a W123 diesel, 1st choice would be a 300TD, 2nd choice: 300D and 3rd choice: 240D. Perhaps then I could join your club.

P.S. Talking about alternative fuels, one of my co-workers runs used vegetable oil in his late-90's Dodge half-ton pickup and he swears by the stuff. It needs two tanks though because it needs to be started on regular diesel and then switched to veggie oil once it is warmed up adeuately, and then switched back to dino-diesel again before the engine is shut off. He gets his used oil free from restaurants and he uses a centrifuge (not necessary, cheesecloth filter will do but much slower) at his house to separate animal fat and other impurities from the oil before he can use it in his truck. It's pretty neat when your exhaust smells like McDonalds french fries.

·
Registered
81' 300D, 82 300TD
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, well seatle is always a good trip to make

hahah fulcrum your list is exactly the same as mine haha

get one and then you can come!!! until then, only words

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,972 Posts
Gotta get mine going first...... just got it.........:)

·
Registered
81' 300D, 82 300TD
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i am thinking early august for a get together in the lower mainland area

keep it in mind and try to recruit some people!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts